Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jubilee Park Ashton Friday Night

My daughter was at Jubilee Park last night. Well done to those that organised the entertainment. She came home delighted with the facilities on offer - climbing wall, archery, art, assault course.

This was between 5pm and 9pm. What a brilliant idea to organise this at a time when kids if not entertained may resort to anti-social bahaviour on Friday night.

The youngsters thoroughly enjoyed the evening, it kept them out of mischief and it was all free ! so "well done" to whoever organised it whether it be the Friends of Jubilee Park, WLCT or the Council.

I think if there are more events like this one then kids will stay out of trouble over the summer. I know that some people may think that it was money wasted when there are cuts to be made but I think it was money very well spent. So congratulations to the organisers.

Town: ashton