Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer fairs

Any churches or schools in the area having summer fairs over the school holidays?

Re: Summer fairs

I have been giving out leaflets for FREEE activities at Stubshaw Cross Park.
Arranged by Stubshaw Cross Resident Group

2nd 3rd 4th 9th 10th 11th August 2011

1pm to 3pm

Art & craft, pod cast, sport coaching, football, climbing wall, archery.

Also in Ashton Park arranged by Friends of of Jubilee Park is :

Sunday 21st August 2pm to 4pm Rivington & Adlington Brass Band.

Free tennis coaching sessions each Tuesday & Thursday finishing on 18th August. Five weeks in total. 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Along with a choice of multisports activities when not playing tennis.

Also summer messy play at Captains Lane community centre Thursdays 1pm to 2pm. Ring Louisa for information 723965.

I think most of the summer fetes have already taken place, like the Town Green Fete, Liverpool Road Ashton Gala and the fun days at Ashton Bears and Jubilee Parks.

I have recently had an idea to arrange an outdoor Christmas Gala with things like childrens entertainment and the usual stalls and hot roasted chestnuts, spicy mulled wine, crafts involving holly and candles, pony drawn sleigh rides, face painting etc. What do people think ? Do you think that there would be an uptake of this in Ashton ???

Town: ashton

Re: Summer fairs

Karin

i have had to come out of my abstinance - just to reply to this message.

YES DEFINATELY - is my reply for the Christmas comment - I usually take my kids to the Posada walk on Christmas Eve and we love it. Although it is very cold !

Denise

PS Back to abstinance now

Town: Ashton