Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Pillows

Hands up how many of us on warm nights like tonight rotate their pillows to get a nice cool one against there head. How many pillows do you use? Myself i have 8. My beloved has 3

Town: ashton

Re: Pillows

Only two, since that dream about eating a giant marshmallow.

Town: Ashton

Only one that dreams of S..O palms.

Use to use two but when we got some new pillows two were too high so went to one and have never gone back.

Alan

Town: Bryn

Mr M can you please warn Mr E for his conduct not only is he taunting me with the "S" word, he brings his home made "S" around as well. It is like dangling the proverbial carrot in front of the proverbial donkey!

You used the word Donkey not me.

Alan

See he is provoking me. That's it next time you make me some "S" (If you do I mean) I wont eat it all in one go.

just two for me and two for the missus :)

I use two pillows just for my arm.

Re: Re: Pillows

Two to sleep and three to prop me up on occasional lazy mornings whilst watching Jeremy Kyle and Trisha with a cup of tea (sad admission!)

A MOST INTERESTING TOPIC,

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2008/04/04/pillow-history/

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Pillow.html

Alan

2 at home , 1 in van.........

Hi Nero

Is that wives or pillows?

if only i was 20 years younger mr edwards!!!

Hi Nero

Are you sure you are half Italian? I didn't think age dulled their (censored)!!!

Alan

PS This topic ain't half popular Julian!!

from the waist up is italien, below is english..

On the subject of pillows, can anyone recommend the make of some good ones? - We are fed up of rubbish pillows, no matter how many we have we are not comfortable.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

We sympathise with you - we were the same until recently, adding pillow after pillow but still not comfortable. As we spend so much time in bed (apart from certain users of this board :) it seems daft not to invest in comfortable pillows. We happened to be passing Oswaldtwistle Mill and called in. We invested in two of their superior pillows and haven't regretted it.

PS. How come this topic seems to outrank all others in terms of number of viewings?

Forgive me for not answering this as it is not historical.

You'll be history mate if you talk to Liz like that again ;)

ooooooh get your handbags ready

Pillows may have a very interesting history.

No they have an ego the size of a house!

Look you lot stop it or I will mention SAGO and building a road on a certain plot of land!!

Alan Aka PAXMAN

David M says:
"We sympathise with you - we were the same until recently, adding pillow after pillow but still not comfortable. As we spend so much time in bed (apart from certain users of this board :)"

Shes a good looking woman but there's no need to brag mate.

Andrede

bump. Sorry just thought i would bump this topics viewings back up :-)

Don't know how I managed to sleep so late this morning.

Must be one pillow, they do say it is healthier re breathing, I have never woken up not breathing yet.

Alan

My coffin is well padded so no need for a pillow and i'd sleep on a washing line anyway (hanging upside down) so sleep comes easy.

If you want a decent pillow Liz, they are expensive. My ball and chain bought a posh one that supposedly will never lose its shape for around twenty five notes. Saying that it is comfy and perhaps money well spent. Sleep is the most important thing we do.

To keep this historical. Did you know that egyptians pillows were made out of wood or stone. An advanced civilisation who built magnificent pyramids don't look so smart after a rough nights kip on a rock.

Town: Luxor

I performed an experiment last night. Following the information that the Egyptians slept on pillows of rock, I went up the old Ashton Heath railway line and collected a rucksack full of railway ballast. I used it as a pillow and awoke with a crick in my neck and smelling of diesel. If it was some philosopher that came up with this idea, tell me who it was and I'll dig him up and smack him on the head with the spade.

Town: Ashton Heath

Just look how many people are interested in Pillows

Hi
I believe that the, in thing in Chinese internet Cafe's is to log onto this site, as it totally lacks any content that could corrupt the proletariat.

Cheung Chi Ming

aka Alan

Perhaps our esteemed webmaster could publish a league table, then we could take a vote on cultural content.

By the way Julian are you old enough to play with us old men?

Alan

I certainly feel old enough and physically I beat you hands down at being the eldest.

All these postings on pillows and not a mention of "Bolsters"

Look what is back on top.

You're right, Alan. 1162 views. Must be a lot of pillow fetishists out there.

Impressive amount of views. I think Julio spent all night clicking on and off the thread. I know i did.

Got bitten by a cheeky Bandicoot.

Town: Adelaide

LOOK WHAT IS TOP OF THE POPS AGAIN!!!!!!!

JUST WON'T LET IT SLEEP (that must be an opening)

AH SAGO

KEEPING ON TOP

Julian Wrote on August 3rd

Hands up how many of us on warm nights like tonight rotate their pillows to get a nice cool one against there head. How many pillows do you use? Myself i have 8. My beloved has 3

For those who missed it, that was our SUMMER,

Alan

Well does anyone remember BOLSTERS?

They were a brilliant idea, for those who don't they were a double length pillow. I never remember those slipping between the matress and the headboard, or falling completely off the bed.

Why did they go out of use?

Alan

was this written before the "glogal cooling", we are now experiencing?

Look what's back for a liitle light relief, will it soon be summer? Or was last week all we are getting

Alan

Town: Home

I like two pillows, hubby has loads and allways manages to get the most comfiest, even when i put different pillow cases on to mark they are mine he still manages to get them !!!!!
Not much to ask just two pillows out of the loads that adorn the bed :-(

Town: stubshaw cross

How you doing in this warm weather Julian?

Alan

Town: Br/ash

Im melting. Keep turning pillows when suitably cool.

And just to let you know this soft food diet Im on at the moment is involving quanities of Ambrosia Creamed Rice or Custard, **** that tsunami could have been S**o

This recent warm spell reminded me of this thread.

Town: Bry/Ash

OH HAPPY DAYS, the sun shone!! and we moaned.

Town: Br/Ash

If this can't bring the forum alive nowt will. The rainy season is over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for a day at least.

Town: Br/Ash

Hi All

The Forum was really alive when these postings occured, scroll down and look at the viewing figures.

Alan

Town: Tarleton

Pillow Talk definition; "Pillow talk is the relaxed, intimate conversation that often occurs between two sexual partners after the act of coitus, usually accompanied by cuddling, caresses, and other physical intimacy. It is associated with honesty, sexual afterglow, and bonding."

Town: AIM

1 2