Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grasshoppers

Oi I might be in a wheelchair but i have feelings i cant help it if im a fatty (and Mr Edwards is partially to blame for that even his generous gift the other day was polished off with 2 slices of bread and butter) Many thanks for those Alan p.s. 2nd operation on knee is in another 4 weeks so if the get well present you brought the other day is a standing present ill let u know when im home :-)

Town: Ashton

Re: Grasshoppers

Just been for walk over Viridor wood over old Red Hills side and saw 3 grasshoppers. Go over quite often and havent seen them before. A very dark green almost grey colour.

p.s Saw the woodpecker over the 3 sisters the other day in the observation area.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: Woodpeckers

We have one visiting our garden at present - it queues for the peanuts with the blue tits, magpies and squirrel.

- David -

Town: Ashton