Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brave or stupid?

I love football. But gone are the days when players used to walk away from a tackle in agony but did not show it. Dont let the opposition know that you have taken a knock.
These days if you so much as catch a thread from an opposing players sock then you are committed to a performance of ballet or an operatic display of a General caught with rifle-shot. It is miraculous how the prompt order of a free-kick or penalty can revive these soldiers-of-an-absolute-fortune back to full health.

I am not fed up of the new season Alan, but I want to thank you for reminding me to prepare for it. All the cheating and money and referees and Didier Drogba and .... you gotta love it.
If I had a cat I'd kick it.

Andrede

Isn't it quiet, the reason being, all the football lovers fell asleep about two minutes into the first game.
The rest of the world, got as far away as possible from those overpaid prima donna's.
Alan

Town: Ashton

Hi
I see on another posting someone having trouble with Barlays bank. I will only say what can one expect from a firm that associates itself with premiership football.
On a matter more important than life itself, will the real Wigan reach the playoffs? Despite the cruel imposition of a four point deduction.
Alan

Town: Ashton