Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quiz

Is it as effective on the internet? Surely it's too easy for people to look up the answers to most of the questions?

I didn't know you set a quiz at the Fleece. I'll put it on the list of events (unless you're oversubscribed with players).

I've been to the Harrow tonight, where we have a quiz every week. The proceeds go to charity, and it's a good night out.

- David -

Re: bored

We host a quiz every tuesday and could really use some more players. If you could advertise it on your list of events then we would be really grateful.
The people that do turn up really enjoy it, its a good night out.
We have 30 general knowledge questions, 15 answer picture quiz, and 10 family fortunes style questions.

We also have "Jack in a Box" in which you can win upto £50. Its a bit like Deal or no Deal (so Im told). You can choose to answer a question to double whatever is in the 'box'.

As for the posting of Q's on here, initially it was only for Julians entertainment but maybe we could do it in a different format. Questions based on Ashton maybe ?

Andrede

Re: Quiz at the Fleece

OK - it's advertised. Sounds like a good quiz night too, and the Jack in a Box offers a good prize. Good to see the Fleece doing well. It's many years since I went in, to be told there was no bitter! And at one stage it was closed. It looks like the current management is doing what it can to make it popular.

- David -

Look Andrede
If you are going to ask stupid questions I don't know the answer to, (that is why they are stupid), perhaps I might be so bold as to suggest you join your brother in Bonnie Scotland.
Failing that, have they any spare beds Julien?
Alan

Town: Ashton

Hi Andrede
Just posting the last posting when you posted next to the last posting if you don't include this posting, that is if you have not posted whilst I am posting. Phew
You are boring if you have noything better to do.
Then that makes me boring.
So my wife is right.............for once.
Alan

Town: Ashton

Re: Re: bored

my operation was cancelled 15 mins b4 i was meant 2b going down for it this morning as the high dependancy unit had no bed for me after the operation. so tommorow is now the date up2 now

Town: fed up ville trauma ward wigan infirmary

How much of an anti-climax is that :( I'm no stranger to hospitals and sympathise with your experience. Hurry back :)

- David -