Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re:good news

Hi Julian,

Course we will miss you so get back quick, and when you are in hospital don't let the doctor examine you in the nude, make sure he or she has some clothes on.

All the best.

Vic

Town: Bryn

Re: good news

yool be fine bud

struth, this website will be a bit quiet for a while then lol

Hi Adele
A long time ago, in another world, a certain person commented on the use of English grammer on this website.
Please write out one hundred times in your best handwriting:
"I must not use text English, or any other such corruption of the fine English language"
Please note any excuses of ill health will not be accepted.
Alan
PS for the first time, I spelt your name right!!
LOL
Alan

Town: Ashton

Theres nothing really wrong with his knee, he's just trying to get out of going leafletting. Its also an excuse to get out of putting the cars back on the scalextric track.
And as for the other one, he's off to bonnie Scotland!
If the foundations are laid by the time you both get back then dont blame me.

Andrede

The lunatic is truly in control of the asylum.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

OI!
I resent that.
By the time you return I will have set up the A.B.D.C.
Ashton and Bryn District Council.
With Leigh Walk-in Centre as an enclave. Just in case.

Andrede

Come on Guys and Gals,
We are all concerned about our mate Julien's trip to hospital.
I was watching a carry on film where some patients decided to do an operation that was cancelled. I am not suggesting we become patients, that's carrying friendship too far.
No, what I am suggesting is we are all on stand by.
A bit of butchery and DIY experience and we will have the job done in no time.
Now I know Julien you will be thinking we are going to too much trouble and he is going to say, “don’t bother”.
But what are friends for?
I am sure there will be loads of posting offering to help, none of that NHS cost cutting, we will do the best job possible.
Alan

We could get some cheap anaesthetic from Bartons. My Uncle Balderhoot has a fine tooth saw and I still have my O'level Biology book. So what are we waiting for?
Maybe a few volunteer nurses would come in handy.

Andrede

i'll be the anaesthetist nurse - i've had plenty of them and know the routine by now. ;O)

forgive me on this only a little matter but

DO I NOT HAVE A SAY IN THIS ????????

Town: Ashton/Stubshaw Cross

Put some vinegar on it. Vinegar cures all ailments.

Hi Julien
Hello pal, of course you have a say in it. Do you want a malt or blended anesthaetic? Malt will of course incur extra cost!!
Alan

Ok dokey all seems in order. Lets do it.

Adele can knock him out.

I will install the straight pieces of scalextric track and half a tennis-ball for the knee cap.

Section 8 applies the vinegar.

My Auntie Bodkinsock will stitch up.

Alan can use the left-over meat.

WE CANT GO WRONG!

Andrede

Whoa hold on a minute,
Are we taking this seriously enough.There are important matters to think about.
Has anyone thought how much we charge for tickets. Then again, there are TV and film rights.
Don't think I am backing out,we owe it to Julien after all he has done for us all.
Don't worry pal we won't let you down, and when you come round there will be two meat pies waiting for you.
Alan
PS All the best tomorrow with those amateurs.