Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 Sisters Fun Day

Can I just say thatI thought that the fun day at the 3 sisters today was great. Well organised and had a great festive atmosphere with it, and I'm not the only one to say that.

WIll look forward to the next one (I missed the archery)we all enjoyed it.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: 3 Sisters Fun Day

Hi Ian -

Glad you enjoyed it. The day seems to have been the most popular ever, and of course the weather helped. The 'Friends of Three Sisters' helped out again, and I was on car-parking duties, so had a chance to chat to people attending. We're looking forward to next year's event, and volunteers are welcome to join in!

- David -

Re: 3 Sisters Fun Day

The Three Sisters Family Fun Day 2007 must be the best free event in the Wigan Borough thanks to the funding from Wigan Leisure Culture Trust and a grant from the Brighter Borough fund on behalf of all Ashton and Bryn Councillors, thank you councillors.

What a great day out, the family fun day was organised by the Three Sisters Ranger Service and the Forestry Commission and assisted by the Friends of Three Sisters. The sun was shining all day, the displays and events were the best we have had on Three Sisters and an estimated 2600 visitors came to see them and take part, what more could we ask for.

If you enjoyed the event and would like to help at the next event or indeed any other event or volunteer work on the Three Sisters you can contact me at friendsof3sisters.org.uk by clicking on the link (Chair).

Town: Bryn