Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing Number

Hi
Above the "Sportsline" shop in Gerrard St is a fancy brick with the year on. Only the last number is missing!!
189?, hardly important, but I was left curious what the last number should be. Also if I had not waited the 40 years I have lived in Ashton, to look up, would I have seen that last number?
Alan

Town: Ashton

Re: Missing Number

if u find out what number it is Alan make sure u include it in your lottery ticket (dont forget to share) cough cough

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi
Above the "Sportsline" shop in Gerrard St is a fancy brick with the year on. Only the last number is missing!!
189?, hardly important, but I was left curious what the last number should be. Also if I had not waited the 40 years I have lived in Ashton, to look up, would I have seen that last number?
Alan

Town: ashton

Hi Julian
Does that mean I have to start doing the lottery, to win ?
Alan

Re: Re: Missing Number

apparantly Alan thats the only way it works

Town: Ashton/Stubshaw Cross

Wish I could see what the town looked like before the extensive building in the late 19th century. It must have been very different, with fields all around and crowded courts in the town centre.

- David -

The dates on the houses lining all the main roads out of Ashton are nearly all from the last two decades of the eighteen hundreds.

It would be nice to take a trip back and have a look around.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: Re: Missing Number

if u want to look at a house that is still in the 1940s Ian i know someone fairly locally that could accomodate that.

Town: ashton

Hi
You can't beat a coal fire, especially when someone else keeps it clean and pays for the coal.
Alan