Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Ashton Memory??

Rang police tonight. So called front desk of Bamfurlong Police Station. Message said they only work from 9 till 5 . WHAT GOOD IS THAT? Is that Ashtons representation of police?

Town: Ashton

I can't believe that Walking Day has been cancelled.
My mother took part as a child and so did I.
My young son was due to take part this time aound.

Where did you see this report Alan?

I am sure you can have a march without it being policed.

You make some good points Alan. They at least should see if an alternative way of funding the policing can be found.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: Re: Another Ashton Memory??

hello ian re walking day i asked pat who goes to st lukes church and she was telling me theirs been no police for 2years and that people from the church act as marshalls ann

Town: ashton in makerfield

I forgot to mention that this walk is not just a church based event it involves a great proportion of the Ashton community.

Those who take part and those who line the streets
remember events like this for the rest of their lives.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Hi
There has been a police turnaround and I am told they will now police ALL WALKING DAYS in the borough.
Alan

Town: Bryn Road Car & Lorry Park