Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bellamy backs Wetland Plan

I was delighted to read in a recent copy of Boroughlife that David Bellamy had been to visit our area , and in particular The Three Sisters.
In the article Mr. Bellamy says :
"The centre, being planned by Wigan Leisure and Culture Trust, will be a gateway for visitors into the Flashes and be used by schools and the wider community.

Three giant spoil tips -the famous ' Three Sisters"- have been transformed by successive councils over the past thirty years into a pleasant country park."

I wonder if Mr .Bellamy was informed of council plans to expand the South Lancs Ind. Est. adjacent to the "famous "Three Sisters"" ?

I wonder if Mr.Bellamy was told of plans to build a dual carriage-way through the Flashes?

Mr. Bellamy goes on to say:

" The Wetlands that have developed are now fantastic. The authorities here are doing a great job in enhancing Wigans biodiversity."

I fear we will never see Mr.Bellamy again.

Andrede

Town: Stubshaw Cross