Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
estate agents

Why are there so mant estate agents in Ashton and all in one street

Town: wigan

Re: estate agents

Hello Lou,

Maybe because it's easier for customers who live in the south of the borough to get to Ashton than it is to navigate the Saddle junction or Poolstock Lane to go into Wigan?

Vic

Town: Bryn

Re: Re: estate agents

Surely one two or even three would be ample but they are taking over the place keep Connolly's, MHL and Halifax but get rid of the rest and open proper shops that everyone can benefit from.

Hi
Because Tesco,Asda and a few others are killing of small shops. Just hope they don't add estate agents to their porfolio!!
Talk about Fare Trade, we could do with a bit in the high street, then we wouldn't all need to get in our cars and clog up the roads. And those without a car wouldn't be penalised.
Alan

Town: Bryn Road Car & Lorry Park

Yes it is amazing how people think these big stores with mega buying power are actually good. All that happens is you pay cheaper prices but end up paying a higher price in other ways.

Town: Ashton

Re: Re: Re: estate agents

The only reason for my original thread was I have had such a bad experience, using the newest estate agents in Ashton . At the time of choosing someone to sell my house I asked for valuations from three leading estate agents and they came with no pressue,
being a single mum on my own I then contacted one of the new ones and without an agreement from me a board was up at the front of my house and i was told by a snotty nosed know it all that I can't change too anyone else for 16 weeks. So be warned stick with the ones that have been around for years

Hi -

Did you sign anything to agree to this? If not, then you should be free to choose whatever agent you want. If you're not sure then go to the Citizens' Advice Bureau to check it out.

- David -

No I didn't sign, I have explained all this to the estate agents. I have now taken down the board and they sent me a letter telling me to put it back up or face prosecution they then rang me with a viewing but I don't want to sell with them.

Hi Lou
I think many estate agents are aware that they rank alongside politicians and accountants as being the most untrusted.
Just a thought, perhaps one of the more reputable would give you advice on how to deal with this unacceptable pressure. After all one bad apple sours the barrel
Alan

I agree and will seek professional advice, It would be good if somewhere there was a web page or local newpaper that we could name and shame these kind of people. Maybe we could start one on this site

Hi Lou
I think we have to be very careful of the laws of slander/libel The more unscruplous you are, the better lawers you have.
Anyway good luck with this Estate Agent, I don't see any reason why you can't say who's sign you have in front of your house, so long as you don't say any more.
Alan