Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More green land lost to development

Hi David

I find it strange because we are told that the primary purpose of both these roads is to relieve traffic, when it is clearly not.

Andrede

Town: Stubshaw Cross

I presume that the Council has an overall plan for desired traffic routes that relieve congestion. If a proposed development provides a part of a route at no cost to the taxpayer, then the Council will tend to approve it, providing it meets other criteria.

I am an outsider by all accounts today but i have read the statements put forward. I would like to ask three questions...
1)Why are HGVS transporting (exporting and importing)stock thorough OUR roads? Have cost effective unessenial products and produce become an entity of labour OR raw supply think ASHTON MALL I can't wait...
2)Does anyone understand the Baleric Effect.?
3) Is de mon able and willing enough to
consider the source of an easy solutia.com

Town: Stoke on trent

Hi
Lets go back to the original proposal from Patrick Properties, what would the end result have been?
Certain houses would have been blighted with an entrance to an industrial estate, other houses would have been blighted by the same industrial estate.
However certain houses were already blighted with these two things and a new entrance may well have led to a decrease in traffic for them. As I live in Bryn Road I could well have benefited from Patrick Properties proposals.
However I have no wish to see other people suffer what we already do suffer, so I have willingly given my support to the objections.
The status quo as regards roads in Ashton is not an option for the people of Bryn Road, so when there is any talk of a Northern bypass should anyone be surprised that I support it? Just imagine if the development had gone ahead as proposed, wouldn’t the people affected have welcomed a road to relieve the traffic?
We must be united to achieve a reduction to the unacceptable burden of traffic in Ashton, but that I believe must involve everyone looking at the problem from all angles.
Sorry about The Stubshaw Cross Park, but I don’t see how preserving that is going to diminish the pollution I and my fellow residents suffer every day.
Alan
PS The diesel fumes are having their effect, can I have a translation of the previous posting?

Town: Bryn Road Car & Lorry Park

Re: Re: More green land lost to development

Hi Alan,

Dont ask for a translation of the previous post. It was one of my freinds who now lives in Stoke (used to live in Ashton). We had too many beers after the Liverpool game and I didnt understand what he was on about and I was sitting next to him!!!!!

Town: Ashton

At the presentation at Hawkley Hall School I was passed onto the Environmental Corespondant . I asked him what he personally thought about the development .

" I dont actually work for the council , I am contracted"

He answered no questions on the environmental impact on the flashes. His answer was mitigation. Sound Barriers (new trees).A cycle path.

When I asked why are there no Sound Barriers facing Scotsmans Flash , I was told that the drivers on the new dual-carriageway could enjoy the view of the flash whilst driving..

I laughed. I had to.

Andrede

Town: Stubshaw Cross