Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prams

Im all for prams. Prams are cool. I had one once.

I dont want to add petrol to Nichola's fire but how many times do you see mothers with prams having to go into the road to avoid ingnorant pavement parkers?

Is it against the law to park on the pavement?

In Ashton centre people park onthe pavement , facing the opposite way, and on the double yellows!!

I once rang to police to request that they arrest me , they agreed, but never turned up.

Aye Caramba!

Andrede

Town: Stubshaw Cross

just a reply to "Andrede" .... call me a bit thick... but does your reply condone parking on pavements??

Did you ever feel an idiot for ringing up the police to arrest yourself?

maybe you should grown a spine and instead of 'following the crowd', try & not park on the pavement?

just because half the morons in ashton feel it ok to park on pavements doesn't mean to say it's right to do so...

Hi Wendy,

My apologies if was not clear with my post.

I totally disagree with pavement parking. It causes obstruction and danger. As I pointed out in my last post, I have seen many times pram-pushers having to go into the road just to get past a car parked on the pavement.

I have also seen drivers using the front of Ashton Fish Bar as part of the road , driving toward pedestrians as if they have the right of way.

I have also seen cars parked on the corner of barclays bank (very dangerous).

There is ample space to park in Ashton : the Gerard Centre, market, new car park near presidential.

Why do we never hear of someone being prosecuted for pavement parking?

Andrede

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Hi Andred
You need police to prosecute for selfish, senseless, and illegal parking, not traffic wardens, need I say more!!
Alan

Town: Bryn Road Car & Lorry Park