Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pram/wheelchair access!

hi

This has long annoyed me but if you are disabled or push a pram there isn't anywhere (apart from weatherspoons) that you can have a quiet bite to eat and a drink/chat. even though I sit in the no smoking side, I don't want to go to a pub I want a proper cafe!!

Just when I thought things were going better and that brand new cafe/bar opened on the corner that is big enough for prams, they then put a sign up saying no prams. they also have a new disabled toilet installed but 2 steps to get in the place, with no ramp!!!!

come ashton!! get yourself into gear, it's bad enough when you're shopping that all the doors are closed and you have to struggle to open doors etc. (why oh why does no one have manners anymore?) people complain that shoppers are going out of town, well it's easier for me to get in a car, drive all the way the trafford centre & shop, than it is to walk into ashton with the pram and shop here...!!

no wonder local businesses are dying they don't help themselves and discrimate the rest.

Town: wendy@boyers.org.uk

Re: Pram/wheelchair access!

Hi Wendy -

I was talking to the staff at Wetherspoons recently and apparently there are plans to create a cafe-type area at the front in anticipation of the smoking ban.

Mind you, there are quite a few mums with prams there during the day at present.

- David -