Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

YOU AND ME BOTH KNOW THE RESPONSE WE WOULD GET TO A "POLITE REQUEST"! I READ WITH INTREST THAT YOU NO LONGER LIVE IN THE VICINITY,AND IS EXACTLY THE RESPONSE SOMEONE WHO DOES,NT HAVE TO TOLERATE THE PROBLEMS LEFT BEHIND AFTER THIER IMPROVEMENT EXERCISE.MAY WE REQUEST THAT THE NEXT TIME THIS EXERCISE IS CONTEMPLATED,YOU HAVE A THOUGHT FOR THE PEOPLE DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY YOUR ACTIONS,SOME OF WHICH ARE PENSIONERS,AND PEOPLE WHO REGARD P&Q AS A PRICELESS COMODITY.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

The majority of volunteers who have helped improve Ashton Heath are pensioners themselves and all enjoy peace & quiet.

One brave female in AHRA risked her own personal safety, received a personal threat and withstood a tirade of four-letter words whilst taking to task a selfish oaf who unloaded a motorbike out of his van to use in the area. As a defender of peace and quiet, this lady has few equals.

I care greatly about Ashton Heath and most of the people who live in the area despite not living there for a year now. I hate to hear about the mindless minority still causing problems for the innocent over there. I hope your problems dissipate quickly but do remember that every one of the local volunteers help out because they care.

Town: russandjosie@tiscali.co.uk

Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

They play football in front of my house. Let them play. They just kids. I would encourage kids to play on the Heath. They could be doing much worse.

I cannot comprehend the confusion of ideas that could provoke critisism of the work done by the Ashton Heath Residents Association.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

Hi Andrede -

Thanks for your support. As you probably know, I do live in sight of the heath. However, I feel it isn't a good idea to keep up a conversation with someone who keeps writing in upper case :)

Over the two years that, in conjunction with Wigan Council and BTCV, local residents have put in over 1,000 hours work to tidy up the heath and pathways a small minority of narrow-minded people have carped about the work. It used to dispirit us, but now we realise that some people have no horizons beyond their own self-interest, will put nothing into the community, and are incapable of understanding environmental management, or appreciate the piece of nature on their doorstep.

Thankfully the Ashton Heath Residents' Association and other groups in Ashton are striving to make the town better, for us, our children and their children.

Over the past few years we have seen a number of local community groups spring up, and it's heartening to know that, out of the several thousand people who live in Ashton, at least a few have become involved in trying to improve their town.

- David -

Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

KEEPS WRITING IN UPPER CASE? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Re: Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

WRITING IN UPPER CASE ON MESSAGE BOARDS IS CONSIDERED TO BE 'SHOUTING'. It does influence how messages are received.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

I DO NOT PROFESS TO BEING OF HIGH INTERLECT,A DEPARTMENT IN WHICH YOU SEEM TO HOLD ALL THE ACES, MR D.M!THE GUY WHO RESPONDED YESTERDAY SEEMED TO RESPECT OUR VIEWS AND RESPOND FAIRLY.I HAVE ENJOYED MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT THIS FORUM,BUT HAVE COME TO UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATIONS EXPERIENCED BY OTHER RESIDENTS WHEN DEALING WITH YOUR LITTLE ORGANISATION,AS YOU SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS!ANYWAY WHO AM I TO COMPLAIN!BUENOS TARDES.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CUTTING OF HEATH

You don't need to be of higher intellect to understand the difference between capital letters and lower case. They teach that at primary school.

As for respecting views, that's a bit rich of anyone who cannot see Ashton Heath from their house. I assume you can't see Ashton town centre from your house, but that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on it.