Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Quiz Night &Public Meeting

>>the proposed development will actually be boarding 3 sisters.

Yes, but it will also be bordering Viridor Wood, or as near as dammit.

- David -

Re: Quiz Night &Public Meeting

Yes , as near as dammit it will be bordering Viridor Wood.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

The reason the site mentions the 3 sisters , is because the proposed development will be less than 400 yards from the lake of the Three Sisters Recreational Area.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

I don't think that the Heath and Skitters are big enough areas to be classed in the same way as the 3 Sisters, and the Wigan flashes are too far away for most people in Ashton to walk to.

The comments on the site are addressed to the people of Ashton and as such the comments made I think are true and not an attempt to create any false impression.

Town: ebnw32487@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Re: Quiz Night &Public Meeting

Hi Ian -

And Viridor Wood? Forgive me if you feel I'm stressing a point, but I was one of the people who began the tree planting there, and knew that it would be a major accessible green space for the people of Stubshaw Cross and Ashton. The total area is at least as great as the Three Sisters, and the footpath network is probably longer.

- David -

Re: Re: Re: Quiz Night &Public Meeting

David im a little surprised & disappointed to be honest at how petty you seem to be makin this.

Town: wiganer516@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quiz Night &Public Meeting

I agree Julian, And Dave . May I ask what would you say if a proposal went in to build an industrial estate on Ashton Heath?

Town: rayday505@talktalk.net

Well, I wouldn't say:

Ashton Heath is "...the one
local area where many of
us can walk and relax.".

- David -

Hey come on everybody .........
don't fotget we're all want (or don't want) the same thing here !

None of us want the buiding of the development over the 3 sisters or anywhere else for that matter.

Let's not quibble about details that don't really matter. Let's get our facts right ok but lets be constructive.

Ian

Town: ebnw32487@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Eveyone
How Saphire Properties must be laughing at this squabble.
Unfortunately for them I am sure Dave is as resolute as we all are in opposing this development, after all his website has been instrumental in opposing this development.
As the last bid debate on this website, THE INFAMOUS SKATEPARK said on their website, Can We Move On.
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

for bid read big, oops
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

I have been watching the threads on this debate with interest and I understand that some of you think that DM is nit picking, however, he does have a valid point.

If this goes to debate and a hearing then the facts quoted will be scrutinised to see how they are affected by the proposed development. As DM say’s from your web quote "The three sisters is the one local area where many of us can walk and relax."?, he is correct, it’s not the only place. Three Sisters is the gateway to a whole network of footpaths, cycle tracks, bridleways and green spaces, this is the point to emphasise. Also, the proposed development is not on the Three Sisters, it is on land adjacent to the Three Sisters and is an extension to the South Lancs Industrial Estate, a point that any adjudicator would take into account. There is also mention that the development would be 400 yards from the Three Sisters Lake, again this would carry no weight as the nearest industrial unit Georgia Pacific is only 20 yards away, and on the other side of the lake is the Aintree Racing Drivers School (or Three Sisters Race Track if you prefer). The only impact the development would have on the Three Sisters is the migration of wild life from the development site onto the Three Sisters.

Just because I have emphasised these points does not mean that I am in favour of this development, far from it, but facts need to be quantified otherwise they mean nothing.

Town: fots.tsra@blueyonder.co.uk