Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: speed camera

now the camera is facing up the other way round facing stubshaw cross

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: speed camera

I always thought the camera was facing the wrong way anyway Jules because as you know all the speedsters go down the hill, but is it not just a co-incidence that the did it now after all these years?

Anyway, It can`t be anything to do with the `proposed development plan`. because you cant have a speed camera right in the middle of traffic lights can you?

Town: rayday505@talktalk.net

Re: speed camera

How can people say the proposals are "done and dusted" when Sapphire havent even submitted their plans to the council?

It just goes to show that we have been walked over by developers SO many times , that we instantly adopt the attitude of defeat !

Well Frank , it isnt " done and dusted" and they will have to lay the first bricks over my corpse before it is.

Lets change our attitude. Things can be prevented. Remember King Georges playing field?

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Andrede
You raise an interesting point, when you say "over my dead body". To what extent you meant it, I wander?
The point is, the only thing developers can not handle is civil disobedience.
With all due repects to MAD, the developers breathe a sigh of relief when a committee is formed. They are trained to manipulate the situation, it has been going on since the Stockton Darlington Railway.
A question, name me one protester who has gone through the appropiate channels.
Now! how many of you remember"Swampy"
My wife once laughed and said "I am so law abiding I am boring", when I got stopped and breathalysed. (Hadn't been drinking). So don't really expect me to spend a few months up a tree at the Three Sisters.
But I think we have to ask the question, "Are we prepared to take action that may go gainst the grain?

Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: speed camera

Alan, In answer to your question on what can we lawfully do if this is passed then I can tell you there is an aweful lot we can and will do as you will see. as a hint to what can happen go to website www.planningsanity.com

Re: Re: Re: speed camera

Ray
URL for Planning Sanity should be

http://www.planningsanity.co.uk/

Just trying to help.

Dave

Town: davehiggs@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: speed camera

Thanks for correcting me Dave.But if you went on that site you will know of the xzanadu campaign run by Chris Maile who successfully got the project dropped completely...

I never actually used the words "over my dead body", but if I did , I would be using them as a turn of phrase to express my commitment to the campaign.

I have no intentions of breaking any laws and would urge everybody to follow suit.

I once heard of a guy that changed the way an entire nation thought by using lawful non-violent direct action.

I think his name was Martin Luther King.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Re: speed camera

oh for gods sake... just run it over or something