Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic Survey on Bolton Rd

The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw what I assumed to be a traffic survey (near Bolton Rd South) was that they are failing to take into account the school run made by countless vehicles twice a day !

Suely the survey cannot be representative of the traffic flow in Ashton if it is not done over a "typical" period of time.

Ian

Town: ebnw32487@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Traffic Survey on Bolton Rd

Its true Ian that 89.9% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Re: Traffic Survey on Bolton Rd

It's a stupid thing to do. I mean Bolton road is terrible for traffic trying to cross it, is hell! and Tesco doesn't help much at all, it attracts far too many cars. From the break of dawn to the night.

Does anybody know who has set up the traffic survey and for what reason ?

Town: ebnw32487@blueyonder.co.uk

How will the survey be carried out? If its a bloke with a clicker counter, he's in for a long day and a sore thumb. From experience with a clicker counter after about a hundred clicks you start to make random clicks and make up the results in the pub later. (That could just be me though)

P.S. Anderde, 88.2 % of statistics are made up on the spot.