Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Extension to Industrial Estate

There's only so much influence you can wield with a pie.

Re: Re: Extension to Industrial Estate

Aye lad, but a stale pie can ger as ard as a brick...an if tha aims it reet tha con do a lorr of damage

Town: rayday505@talktalk.net

Hi Ray
Wiganers don't leave Pies long enough to go stale!!!
At least if they are real Wigan Pies!!

Alan
PS
Pies should always start with a capital letter!!

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: Extension to Industrial Estate

Hey Alan, Your worse than my wife......She always kills my jokes as well!!!

Anyway, I`m not really a Wiganer,....I`m a Stubshier born and bred......A cut above your ordinary Wiganer...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Ray
Wiganers don't leave Pies long enough to go stale!!!
At least if they are real Wigan Pies!!

Alan
PS
Pies should always start with a capital letter!!

Town: rayday505@talktalk.net

Hi Ray
Please accept my most sincere appologies, I must have the same trouble as your wife....................
we don't realise you are cracking jokes.

Alan

PS I promise not to continue this if you do. After all this extension is no laughing matter.

Can everyone who reads this please ask their neighbours for their comment forms. Collect as many as you can and give one of us a ring and we will pick them up.

Contact details at www.ashtonmad.co.uk

Thanks
Ian

Town: ebnw32487@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi All
The planning department along with other departments have invested much time into th Unitary Development Plan. Part of that plan is the extension to The South Lancs Industrial Estate.
They must seem to be even handed and to explore all objections, it seems to this end they are currently doing a remote traffic census on Bolton Road, 30 meters approx south of Bryn Road South.
No doubt in the course of time, we will be informed that the traffic is no heavier than comparable roads.
This will be backed up by this census.

JUST ONE VERY BIG FLAW!!!!

The census was started on Tuesday 19 July, anyone will realise today, that this is the start of the school holidays plus many people were on holiday, also many motorist are stll avoiding Ashton after the recent "nightmare" of the traffic lights in Bolton Road.
In the course of time when these figures are given this will not be at the top of peoples mind.
We must not forget we are dealing with people who are experts in manipulating information to get the results they want.
Alan