Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Intimidated by kids 2

I understand that the cameras are monitored by Council staff. Presumably they decide if something is serious enough to warrant calling the police. It would be interesting to know what guidelines they have.

- David -

Re: Re: Intimidated by kids 2

Now that`s a laugh. council staff deciding what`s serious and what`s not....
Picture this....A few weeks ago a JCB trundled down Gerard St at 3 am in the morning and smashed the cash machine at the Nationwide.....It then trundled on down to the Halifax and smashed the entire shop fron and dragged out the safe and cash machine and loaded it all on a waggon which was then driven uo liverpool road where it was found abandonded....Meanwhile the local police were having a cup of tea in their brand new headquarters at Bamforlong.... Heaven knows what the monitoring staff were doing because that`s a story that never was told.......I give up !!

Town: rayday505@talktalk.net

True . What exactly is anti-social behaviour? . Is it behaviour that is anti-social or is it just a name given to minor crimes.

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Ray ,

I dont think you are the kind of guy that gives up. Your work helping the MAD campaign is invaluable , we need more like you.

Andrede

Town: butz65@blueyonder.co.uk

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE
>>> > >
George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
and he said "no". Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30,and phoned the police again.
"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

i agree that a lot of these people causing trouble are a bit too old to be doing the things thay are. For example a couple of people i went to school with who are the same age as me (23/24) are still hanging around on the park at night and drinking cider and smoking weed and stuff, and its just a joke to a few of them but i wouldnt tar them all with the same brush, most are being led on by much older people.

Town: ashton