Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
“I Have a Dream”

One of the greatest speeches of the last century is summarised in four words, “I Have a Dream”

Am I dreaming or is there a change happening in the tone of the postings on this site and the BTT site. At long last the underlying hatred seems to be disappearing. To be replaced with more tolerance and understanding.

Perhaps the time is approaching when the one thing we all share who post on these sites , concern for our town , will bear the fruit it richly deserves.

I hope we can now all go forward without any recriminations, it seems a day for quotes so here is one by the person probably with the most quotes associated with his name- Aesop-“United we stand, divided we fall”

I hope we all “Have a Dream”

Regards
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: “I Have a Dream”

The reason we are all here is because we feel it necessary to benefit the local community....right ?
Be it the construction of the Jubilee skatepark, or by obstructing the construction.
We should at least give ourselves some form of respect as we all share the same one common interest. After what we have recently seen..
ONE seems to be the defining word in that sentence.

peace out
M.Andrews

Re: “I Have a Dream”

Matty

I think that you are right - we all want what is best for Ashton, and for Ashton's youth, who are our future - we just disagree on the best way to achieve it. We should have been talking to each other about why we disagreed and exchanging not only opinions but information.

When you set up BTT with a pre-emptive attack on CAP, we chose (rightly or wrongly) to fight fire with fire, with results that we are all aware of. Would you have been happier if we had regarded you as silly children and just ignored you? How do you define "respect"?

I am delighted to see some more constructive dialogue, and hope that we will ALL continue to move in the right direction.

Town: c.daington@wiganmbc.gov.uk