Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it just me or does anyone else feel quite ashamed ?

18 years old, and I am sick to the teeth of local politics !
In the face of political correctness, you are constricted to reform your criticisms to underhand sly personal attacks.
Call me weak, but its down right pathetic, we really don't achieve anything by doing this.
Lets just stop, it only creates enemies not friends.
After all, any onlooker will just tarnish us all with the same brush 'the ugly faces of politics', I do not wish to be part of this social minority.
I hope we all can move on now.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel quite ashamed to have their names associated with this pointless disagreement ?

Matty Andrews

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else feel quite ashamed ?

Hi Matthew

I too am sick of politics (local and national) however, if one begins with an attack one will (sadly) be hit with counter attacks. I too have been tarnished with that brush, even having approached others with this same vein it has proved unsuccessful, but I will try again.

Sadly, there are those with 'power' who seem not able to handle it correctly and those without it are determined to undermine anything we do!

You are also right in saying that it does not achieve anything exept contempt. I for one am happy to agree to disagree that everyone has their own opinion - isnt that what free speach is all about? However, I am firmly against any DIRECT criticism to anybodies beliefs, be it in politics, faith or (worse still) football!

My own personal embarrassment is the fact that I am directly involved in local politics (and a certain party) and am a bit fed up of the way some find it necessary to continue with vendettas of any kind.

With my own personal fight last year I find that life is too short!