Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

Because of spoof and party political content being posted from two IP addresses allocated to Wigan Council (and used by Councillors Tushingham and Daington), both these IP addresses have been barred.

Town: dm@aimi.org.uk

Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

Bravo mr moderator

Town: moshman01@hotmail.com

Re: Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

I have never used this website before because I am disgusted by its misrepresentation. However, I am making an exception in this case, to put a few facts before the public in the brief time before they are censored by McKendick, who wants above all to keep the public in ignorance of the true facts.

"ALL computers accessing the Internet through the council network, whether councillors, council officers, or members of the public using computers in public libraries, share 4 Internet addresses and normally the address used is 195.188.243.25."

"The main address used before a network upgrade in early summer was 195.188.243.2"

I wonder if McKenrick has ever heard of libel law?

"Pop" goes the Weasel!

Re: Council IP addresses

Thank you for your clarification, Councillor. Regrettably I have had to block these addresses because of spoof posts originating via them. I am sure you would agree that it is not in the interests of genuine contributors who post under their own name to have their views misrepresented.

- David McKendrick -

Re: Re: Council IP addresses

For once you are right about something. I do agree that "it is not in the interests of genuine contributors who post under their own name to have their views misrepresented."

Perhaps you will also agree with me that it is not in the interests of former members of Ashton Community Forum to have their views misrepresented as you do elsewhere on this website?

Perhaps you might also agree that it is not in anyone's best interests for you to falsely imply that because Paul Tushingham and myself have access to council computers, we must necessarily be responsible for everything emanating from the council network?

For the record, you may care to note that Paul has been away on holiday for the past week, and it is therefore extremely unlikely that he has accessed the council network at all during that time.

You may also like to put on record that the last time I pretended to be anyone but myself, I was taking part in a girl guides pantomime.

Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

Hi Claire
I just can't resist asking, what was the pantomime?
I can think of many postings on this theme and many characters that people will put you in.
However I am too much of a gentleman to go down that road.
Did your step sister actually have a glass slipper in the production?

Only joking

Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

Actually, I made a guest appearance as a "very handsome prince" due to the absence of a member of the cast.

I certainly wouldn't claim that it was type-casting!

However, having cleared up the nonsence over IP addresses, I now intend to abandon this site again. If you wish to discuss anything further, you will have to ring or email me.

Re: Re: Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

Having just returned from holiday, I have been alerted to the completely false, malicious and libellous allegations made against me and posted on the home page of the BTT web site.

I have demanded an equally prominent public retraction of these allegations and an apology for having made them. Otherwise, I will reluctantly be obliged to take advice as to what legal remedies may be made available to me.

Despite once more David McKendrick making references to my name on an earlier posting, he should know that the same address could be used by thousands of people. He might also like to know that the "spoof" postings have been confirmed as NOT coming from any Officers or Councillors of WMBC. I look forward to the apologies of BTT and the Moderator of this site.

Re: Re: Re: Re: IP addresses 195.188.243.2 and 195.188.243.25

See my reply below.

- David McKendrick -