Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Banned

The person posting from Wigan Council's IP address 195.188.243.25 (previously used by Councillor Paul Tushingham) has been banned for impersonating MP Ian McCartney.

- Moderator -

Re: Banned

And rightly so. If it had been up to me i would of left the post on the board.
It is time our community had their eyes opened to the party that is representing this town.
CAP are making a laughing stock of themselves.

Did you say posted from a Wigan Council IP address while impersonating an MP? Isn't that a rather serious matter?

Come on! You mean to tell me there is someone out there who really wamted to impersonate Ian McCartney.
What next someone wanting to impersonate Tony Blair.

Things didn't happen like that in Maggies day!!!

Joking apart, it does seem beyond belief that they took so few precautions, that they could be traced, when attempting something so unethical.

TB&B

Libel Action

David McKendrick,

Your comments above are completely false, malicious and libellous.

I demand a retraction of these allegations and an apology for having made them. Otherwise, I will reluctantly be obliged to take advice as to what legal remedies may be made available to me.

Regards,

Cllr Paul A Tushingham

Re: Libel Action

I have not alleged that you were the person making the spoof posting - only that it was coming from the same Council IP address that you have posted from. At the time it was unclear whether this was an address used by councillors only, other council departments, or the general public using council facilities. As Councillor Daington and now you have stated, it is used by a large number of people and I am happy to state that I do not believe the spoof posting originated from you.

- David McKendrick -

Town: dm@aimi.org.uk