Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LESS BALLS

With the current furore over balls to tennis it is easy to forget there are other things happening concerning young people. Balls may come into, but not in a way they want,
Somewhere in our region a young man will have recently undergone an aukidectomony. This may well be followed by gruesome chemotherapy and radiotherapy. A skaeteboard park is the last thing on his mind or of his family. Sadly cancer knows no boundaries of race, religion or age.
If you ever wandered why I am so bothered about the young people of our town. Twenty years ago when I spent nine months in The Christie Hospital at the ripe old age of thirty nine, very old for such a form of cancer, there were many young people in, with a similar cancer. At the time I had children of that age and I thanked my Lord that they were healthy.
Where is all this leading? Towards the end of September the Pat Seed Appeal will be collecting in Wigan to raise funds for equipment at The Christie Hospital. I ask all who access this website to help on the day. I will post nearer the time with details.
BALLS TO CANCER

May God Bless You All
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: LESS BALLS

Good Cause in my eyes.

Town: moshman01@Hotmail.com

Re: LESS BALLS

Aaron
Thank you,

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net