Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

This website's right to exist has been challenged much in the past. I have no wish to go into the history of it or the political views of the moderator,

I do however think this debate BTT has proved that, as I have said in the past it can serve a useful purpose. any failings are the responsibility of those who post.

I am not taking sides,and make no judgement on any postings. I am trying to be objective and hope we can move forward.

Best Regards
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

Hi Alan -

There is no secret about my politics - I have been a member of the Labour Party since 1992 and am elected Treasurer for the Ashton Labour Party branch.

As with many other political activists I try to contribute to the improvement of the local community outside of my political work, my particular interests being webmastering, editing and linking voluntary community websites (www.aimi.org.uk), environmental conservation and managing the finances for a community centre.

As to the history: it is set out clearly in the pages of this website. Thanks for recognising its value - I know that decent people of most political persuasions appreciate its content - members of CAP being a notable exception.

- David -

Town: dm@aimi.org.uk