Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

The more I have read on the Balls to Tennis website the clearer it has become to me that it is the product of one or two very bitter and twisted individuals whose real "mission" is to attack the Community Action Party Councillors whom he hates so much for booting out New Labour from Ashton and Bryn.

A common thread running through almost all of the pro “balls to tennis” posts are that they are anonymous, notable exceptions being the few posts by Dave McKendrick in his own name.

In spite of some pathetic attempts to emulate the language of young people and give the website some “street cred” the language used in many of the posts is more typical of an older generation. The spelling mistakes and typo’s are insulting to young people many of whom are better educated than the New Labour hacks who are purporting to write in the name of “The Youth”.

The notable expression that keeps cropping up is “The Youth”

I have never met a young person yet that refers to his or her own generation as “The Youth” or who uses the language of his or her parents or of the sixties and seventies.

In addition to the “The Youth” and the all pervasive anti Community Action Party rhetoric other give away expressions keep cropping up such as “A much needed facility.”

There can be no doubt whatever that most if not all of the pro “balls to tennis” posters on this website are really “IM” posters .

The sooner that the rag tag and bobtail outfit of New Labour fraudsters, hypocrites and charlatans are exposed for misrepresenting the young people of Ashton and Bryn the better.

All they are doing by lying and cheating is undermining the improvement and creation of new recreational facilities and they are doing the whole community a disservice.

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

As a parent of one of the 'Youths' of Ashton who contributes to the BTT web site, I can vouch that these are soley the opinions and wishes of a genuine group of young skateboarders, they are not being manipulated in any way by any adult or political party.

It is about time they were taken seriously.

On a personal note, I consider the proposed site to be perfect for their purpose, I do not wish them to be bannished to a out-of-the way site, Jubilee Park is easily accessible and somewhere I would feel happy for them to be. Other towns cater for their youths - why can't we!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

Hi "Parent of Youth"

No-one will take anonymous posters seriously particularly as most of them appear to have a New Labour political agenda and are merely using the skateboard bandwagon for their own purposes.

Their actions will only serve to undermine the interests of genuine skateboarders.

Hi
This is certainly a hot topic. and not without reason, However surely the time has come for all the interested parties to get together at a neutral venue and discuss the relevent points.
Accusatios are flying around, views are getting entrenched and the end result may a compromise not be suitabable to anyone.
If anyone thinks this sounds sensible my email and name is available.
The young people are citizens of our town and deserve to be heard
Best Regards
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

hahaha, thanks mum !

Peter, Peter, Peter you do it every time someone say’s something you don’t like, then again it seems that no matter what people say you don’t like it. Your rhetoric is always the same “everyone is conspiring against the CAP, they make spelling mistakes and other grammatical errors” (or words to that effect), SO WHAT; the only person who mentions this is YOU, it doesn’t bother anyone else.

As for being a New Labour something or other, then you are very far from the truth, in-fact I don’t mind people knowing that myself and my family along with many of my friends and relatives all who live in Ashton and Bryn areas voted CAP at last elections, this will not be the case next time.

Unfortunately for some of your fellow councillors your rhetoric has lost them and the CAP many votes come the next elections, so if any of the CAP councillors are reading these postings then it’s about time you committed mutiny and cast your captain adrift before he sinks the ship.

Even though a parent of one of the young Ashtonians has explained the position you are still unable to accept that people are genuine and have genuine and reasonable requests for their local politicians, they are not party political, just concerned residents and parents.

One very important thing to remember for all those posting on this subject, Peter Franzen has nothing to do with Ashton and Bryn; the councillors who represent these wards are as usual conspicuous by their absence.

Also Peter Franzen takes great delight in insulting people and their postings, not just on this web site, he also does it on the following Warrington web site where one recent posting said “Take no notice of frankzen he is the local idiot who just likes to wind people up, he is not an MP just a councillor for a party something like the BNP but no brains. He lives in the outskirts of Warrington but no one voted for his party here, I think its Wigan where they are based. Everyone on here takes the Mickey out of him so don’t go getting yourself in trouble, if you are going can we all come and watch, don’t let him get at you” http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/scripts/bulletin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000201;p=4

Well done the Parent.

Town: vic_t.greenwood@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Vic

Whilst at least you appear to post under your own name you have completely missed the point.

It is a matter of record that long before McKendrick, Ash and company jumped on the bandwagon my colleagues and I have always supported the provision of recreation facilities, including skateboard parks, for young people.

In fact at a meeting attended by Rodney Hill (the Chief Executive of the Wigan and Leigh Leisure Trust), Dave McKendrick, Margaret Hughes, Community Action Party Councillors for Bryn and Ashton and others I offered to use my good offices to assist with funding for a proper scheme instead of the Mickey Mouse offering on the table.

Why has McKendrick conveniently left that out of his diatribes and negative propaganda.

Both Councillor Gary Wilkes and myself have posted on the "Balls to tennis" website offering our support for genuine skateboarders but up to now I have had no response apart from a phone call and email from a very genuine gentleman who posts on here who I will keep in touch and co-operate with if required.

Can you explain to me why none of the so called "YOUTH" have requested the very real support that we have offered and can provide?

As for the anonymous lies and garbage posted on the Warrington website are you aware that much of it emmanates from a Council taxpayer subsidised New Labour MP's office not a million miles away from here?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

Pete, I don't have much to say about the rest of your post and I will tell you EXACTLY why the young people don't come to your party for help and advice. You have Cllr Don Hodgkinson pestering them on a Friday night in a pair of sandals and bright yellow CAP t-shirt, asking them what they want. You have him snapping pictures of them in Ashton park and then getting attacked, and then he is down right rude to two young people who came to a council meeting about the skatepark.
And this is just the ones that I know of!
BTT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

If you think that you can libel reputable Councillors on your anonymous website and get away with it then you are in for a big shock.

We know who you are and can now prove it.

Your bogus "Balls to tennis" website is going to be the biggest shot in the foot for New Labour since Labour MP Neil Turner had to eat humble pie and publicly apologise over the lies promoted about the Community Action Party during the last parliamentary elections.

If this latest New Labour adventure has set back the cause of a skateboard park for the young people of Ashton and Bryn then you have may word that the blame will be laid at the doors of all those New Labour hacks responsible.

P.S. Only my friends call me Pete and I don't recall you even having the good manners to introduce yourself.

You are mistaken....

PF>>In fact at a meeting attended by Rodney Hill (the Chief Executive of the Wigan and Leigh Leisure Trust), Dave McKendrick, Margaret Hughes, Community Action Party Councillors for Bryn and Ashton and others I offered to use my good offices, etc....

You are wrong - the only meetings I have attended in respect of the skatepark were at the Ashton Township Forum sub-group. In fact, I have never been to a meeting with you since I attended a meeting of Golborne Community Forum some years ago. Nor would I wish to.

Town: dm@aimi.org.uk

Re: You are mistaken....

Hi Dave
If it wasn't you then please accept my apologies.
It must have been one of your muppets.

Re: Re: You are mistaken....

"It must have been one of your muppets"

This is getting totally ridiculous, you are acting extremely unprofessional.
Does it not dawn on you that lots of Ashton's voters will have their eyes cast upon the websites you are posting on ?

what !!!

BTT

Re: Re: Re: You are mistaken....

Hi Dave

You seem to be losing the plot.

I responded to a post from Dave and then got a reply from "No Balls."

If you have already forgotten who you really are then how long can you keep up this charade?

Re: Re: Re: Re: You are mistaken....

Peter,

If anyone has lost the plot, it is you. Read some of your own posts. You are incapable of listening to a disagreement without assuming it is a member of the Labour party in disguise. Paranoia is not an attractive quality, especially when it is a smokescreen for an authoritarian lack of willingness to engage in dialogue, and refusal to take the views of young people seriously.

The way you behave on this forum is frankly childish and disgraceful, and an insult to the office you hold.

Re: Re: Re: You are mistaken....

Not only unproffesional but quite probably in breach of the councillors' code of conduct.An astonishing display.

Re: Re: Re: Re: You are mistaken....

Hi Athers

If as you have stated you believe that I am in breach of the Councillors Code of Conduct then I expect that you will report me to the Standards Borad for England.

On the other hand if you don't report me your post can be seen for what it is, yet another unwarranted and malicious smear.

Re: Balls To Tennis

Hi Everyone,
Why don't we ALL STOP BICKERING, it is getting no-one anywhere.
In any argument there always will be different sides, but there comes a time when face to face talk is the only solution.
I have suggested a meeting at a neutral venue and I wish to add a neutral chairman agreeable to all. Is that unreasonable?
If this carries on no-one will be able to talk to anyone. That must surely mean no result, is that what people want?
It is easy to be destructive, please can we ALL now start being constructive.
I was once called "a boring old git" on this website when I was having an argument with PF, now it seems I have company!!
From one "BOG" to many others of all ages let's talk.........PLEASE.

Alan

Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

Hi Alan, although I agree in principle to your suggestion I really don’t think that people are bickering, rather that they are expressing an opinion on something they really feel a need for, and are being supported be other residents through this web site.

From what I have seen at the suggested location and read on this and the BTT web site I for one believe that these kids have a justifiable proposition. I also believe that they polled their school friends on this subject and have reached a consensus of opinion on where the skatepark should be located.

Also I don’t believe anyone would want to attend a meeting with someone who insults almost everyone who posts on this web site and in particular this subject. On my previous posting I did include my e-mail address and yes, it was my real name, although I really don’t think Peter believed it as the opening words of his response were “Whilst at least you appear to post under your own name”. He then went on to insult several other people whom had nothing to do with the comments I made.

People who resort to insults by text on a web site will more than likely do so at a face to face meeting and for that reason the average person or persons who would probably attend a controlled and positive meeting on this subject would not attend in this case.

So at this time I will say well done the kids who are running BTT you most certainly have brought you proposal to the attention of many and raised its profile, keep up the good work, once again well done.

Regards

Vic Greenwood

Town: vic_t.greenwood@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Alan

I think you have proposed a very sensible way forward and one which I am prepared to support.

I await with interest the response from those who claim to be in favour of a skateboard park.

Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

Who isnt in favour of the skatepark? I for one do not understand what is keeping the project held back. If you would like to outline it for me then please do so.

Town: moshman01@Hotmail.com

Let's Not Lose The British Humour

Whilst going through all the postings I think I have solved all Ashton’s problems.
Traffic being one of the main problem, we will concrete over all the roads and make them into a giant skateboarders paradise.This will be interspersed with Christmas trees for everyone to avoid.

As skateboards are the only form of transport very soon the towns binge drinking will be solved as anyone who has had too much to drink will soon have broken limbs.

Also it will be impossible to eat a take-a-way whilst on a skateboard the towns litter problem would go likewise.

All the extra exercise and lack of fumes will greatly improve the health of the population and as the major users of skateboard very soon we will be the centre of the skateboard industry.

Add to that the increase in tourism and the wealth of the town would increase still more as more use is made of them, like skateboard golf and, yes, skateboard tennis.

Went for a quiet walk in the park today. Boy was it quiet - only a handful of children (most of whom were toddlers)and this was in the middle of the afternoon during the summer holidays. Clearly this park is not catering for the needs of the young people of today! It may be a bit busier on Thursday and Friday when the much publicised FREE tennis lessons take place but today it was virtually deserted. This can't be right when we are very much aware of the dangers of childhood obesity and inactivity - we should be encouraging our children to get out and enjoy themselves. In order to do this we have to provide them with the right facilities and at the moment this is just not happening.

Here is apost I made on BTT website, here at AiM CF we seem to be getting forgotten.

Lets get a few facts straight at the present moment we have in Ashton and Bryn six CAP councillors, so any complaints by BTT will be primarily aimed at those councillors.
Regardingr stooges, as for myself any member of the Labour party I am aquainted with knows full well they have never had my vote either nationally or locally, yet I am assured they still respect my right to put my cross where ever I choose. In the last local election after 48 years of voting Conservative never missing a chance to exercise my democratic right to vote , I voted CAP. As you will no doubt be aware , the opposition generally do not win an election but the incumbents lose it. Does that make me a CAP stooge, I resent trying to behave civilly labels me a New Labour stooge.
Peter may I be so bold to offer you and your colleagues some advice, with the age of majority at eighteen many of the activist for the skateboard park will be old enough to vote soon. With the turn out at below 30% and yes I will bash New labour here, even with their flawed plans for postal voting. So it will not take many of these young people to make the CAP history. I think you are aware I do not relish a return to a one party town.
So please stop your sniping at these young people, Paul Tushingham at least has tried to be constructive in offering a face to face meeting. I think he foresaw how this website despite the best intentions of the moderator would descend into anarchy.
It is not too late for the CAP as the elected representatives of our town to salvage something from this.
Finally as regards this being a politically backed website, I think all they want is a skateboard facilities in Jubilee Park. When I see the money wasted both Nationally and locally by NEW LABOUR for pities sake back it with every ounce of energy in your body
Best regards to
BBT, CAP, NEW LABOUR

Hi Alan

If you check the posts on the insultingly named "Balls to tennis" website that has been created by a few warped individuals who don't even have the balls to say who they really are and seem pre-occupied with attacking the game of tennis and the Community Action Party then you will see that I have offered to assist in the delivery of skateboarding facilities for the young people of Ashton.

If anyone was really serious about wanting a skateboarding facility for the young people of Ashton then would'nt it be reasonable to assume that they would have contacted me by now?

I have posted my email address and my telephone numbers on the "Balls to tennis" website and so far the only response that I have had is a phone call and two emails from your goodself, of whose sincerity I have no doubt.

Best wishes

Peter

Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

From what I've read on this forum and also what I've read in the local papers these young people only want a small skate park on a derelict part of a tennis court, they don't want to stop anyone playing tennis ???, from my position it looks like you and your CAP people are trying to stop them buy proposing all sorts of alternatives that will never see the light of day, the project has got to start somewhere, never mind joint ventures, bigger and better facilities - I could say "lets built on the moon there's loads of room up there", that's how daft it's become !!!
These young people have obviously seen through this and view the CAP as an obstacle in the path of progress. I think that they have been very astute and simply moved around you and your party.
Well done the guys of BTT they will soon march to victory, you and your CAP people seem like sore losers to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

Hi

I have not seen much evidence of skateboarders on the BTT website and of the few who have posted at this stage only one or two can be considered genuine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balls To Tennis

considered genuine.....considered genuine....considered genuine.....considered genuine....considered genuine......considered genuine...considered genuine...

Oh my Petey boy, or is that Nigella? For you to use the word "genuine" is a joke.....I don't even believe you know the definition of such a word!

BTT!

To The last person to post
If you are Peter Franzen using another computer to post, do you realise that every time you do so, you lose your party votes.
If you are not Peter Franzen then you are behaving no better than he does.
Mind you what odds would be given that it is PF?
Alan