Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: CENSORSHIP ON THIS WEBSITE

Hi Alan
I have posted the new topic again but this time with a link that is also copied hereunder:

http://www.newstatesman.com/nscoverstory.htm

Best wishes
Peter

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: CENSORSHIP ON THIS WEBSITE

Hi David

Thank you for your prompt and comprehensive reply. to answer your points.

1 No I am certainly not suggesting you remove the website, I was only stating the views forwarded to me. I made no comment either in agreement or otherwise.

2 I have not seen the posting you refered to, but is linked to point 6.

3 I have experienced no censorship and anyone will agree it is impossible to prove a negative.

4 To diverse slightly and reply to another posting. If this is a such a bad website that Peter rarely posts on, then I don't seem to be able to do simple sums, never mind mathamatics. The number of postings speak for themself.

5 Yes I do think this website serves a useful purpose and despite what the CAP thinks is not a voice of New or Old Labour. Perish the thought that I could be assosiated with either. I have gone to great lengths to say how I welcomed the arrival of an opposition party on WMBC. Reading the postings any bias against the CAP has been sadly self inflicted.
Any resident finds it nessesary to work with whoever is in power. I have contacts with all the parties on WMBC and apart from one person find that contact cordial.
However if Peter would remove the chip from his shoulder that could become 100% cordial.

6 Regarding this point, please contact me via my email address and I will be willing to expand on this point. I do not think it would be fair on an open forum.

In concluding I would like to restate the heading "Chat about matters relating to Ashton" if we could revert to that I think that would solve a lot of problems.

Regards
Alan

PS New Labour me, heaven forbid, as blue as the Danube!!

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: CENSORSHIP ON THIS WEBSITE

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the link to the New Statesmen, re John Piliger.

Before I comment what has it to do with "Chat about matters relating to Ashton"
There is much to chat about, it may seem trivual when taken in the context of events of the past month, I admit, but that is what this website is about.

None the less you seem despite what you claim to, want to dominate this site with your politiacl views. I wander if there is any wisdom in replying, none the less here goes.

I agree with most of the comments in the New Statesman, but it only is one side of a many faceted problem.
In todays Times there is an excellent article by Libby Purves that makes a link to the moral decline of our country over the past thirty years and how evil people have wrongly used Islam to indocrinate impressionable people to become suicide bombers.

Perhaps we should look at our so called liberal society that has watered down our Christian heritage. Most Moslems I know find no difficulty living in a Christain Country, what they do find difficult is living in a country that claims that title but is in the main lacking any beliefs bar consummerism.

All parties carry resposibility as does the vast majority of the population (myself included)who have stood by and allowed the situation to reach the low it has it has.

BUT at the end of the day, nothing can excuse the horrors of 7-7 or 9-11 and yes the slaughter in Iraq and Afghanistan. Islam, Judaism Christianity and most other religions cherish human life. All have perpetrated great evil in the name of their religion. But that does not condemn their beliefs, sadly it does condemn the action of those who use its name to perpetrate evil.

So perhaps Peter if we could revert to "Chat about matters relating to Ashton" We all may in our small way help to put "the genie of consumerism" back in the bottle. Lets save topics like this for a different forum.

May the wisdom of Jehova, the peace of Allah and the love of Jesus Christ be with you.
Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net