Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the CAP front line

"Heroes led by donkeys" was how the soldiers and the officers of the First World War were described.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say the councillors representing Ashton are heroes, but to be fair they do try.

Sadly unless they boot their leader into touch, we of Ashton may well be the losers as democracy dies, when we revert to a single party council in Wigan as a whole.

So as I see it PF must undergo a "Damasuc Road" experience or they should ditch their leader.

While I am on the subject of CAP councillors, thank you Don for "Praise in the Park" last Sunday.

We had the band from Golborne, was there a councillor as well? or was he penning his latest revelation to the people of Wigan.

The ball is in your court, Peter.

Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net