Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: ALDI

I will ignore the previous comment, and concentrate on the headings ie Matters relating to Ashton and in particular Aldi.

After two days, from my observations, it seems like a good idea to have a roundabout at the junction of Hilton Street and Bolton Road. Although there are two lanes now exiting Hilton Street, the lane for traffic from bolton road is too narrow.

As for Peter's comments as he seems on "Self Desruct" I have nothing to add.

Alan

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: ALDI

Hi Alan

A pattern has emerged of you ignoring the previous comment or ducking the issue when it suits you.

Very Nouveau Labour if you don't mind me saying so.

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALDI

Hi Peter,
I will spell it out, "Remove the beam from your own eye, before you remove the splinter from your brothers eye"
I am not alone in having the opinion that it is you who ducks the issue. Furthermore when ever a topic arises that concerns Ashton, you always revert to a slanging match. Then you accuse other people of hurling abuse.
I should think that when the CAP reversed many years of Labour rule in Ashton, most people were pleased. They were also prepared to give the CAP time to settle in. However on this website, you are sadly ensuring a return of the Labour Party. Is that what you want? I am sure your collegues don't. So Peter, please start being constructive, by all means debate political matters, but when the heading relates to, matters concerning Ashton, keep it that way.
This thread relates to Aldi, I think we would all welcome your comments.
Before you say it, No I have no right to speak for other people, but I can read what they say and am sure they will say so.
I really want a mix of parties on WMBC so try and make us like you, there is no need to be all things to all people like Tony Blair, but don't insult the people who put you in.
As for your taunt that I should in effect"Put up or Shut up" There are other ways of seving the community and there are only so many hours in the day.
As the hippies of the sixties use to say, "Peace Brother"
Alan

Re: ALDI

The initial plans I saw when Aldi was first mooted showed a mini-roundabout at the junction of Bolton Road and Hilton Street. Comments at the time suggested that traffic lights would be preferable, but I don't know when the decision was made to have no traffic control at this junction.

Tesco

Sadly the accident that was waiting to happen, has occured, adjacent to Tesco.
Perhaps the CAP can now show what they are made of, no need to xast any blame, but quick action before there is a repeat.

Alan

Re: Tesco

Must say, I certainly agree with you Alan!

Glad to see someone is staying on the subject!!!!