Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crook family

Hi,

Are there any members of the Crook family still in Ashton? I know that in 1914, Agnes Astley married Thomas Crook. They had eight children, so I would guess there are still a few around, although not necessarilly in Ashton. My family (the Robinsons of Legh Street) are mostly in Golborne now.

Thanks for your time,
John Cichowicz
Charlotte, NC USA

Town: pghdad@hotmail.com

Re: Crook family

There are three families listed in the current telephone directory.

Re: Re: Crook family

David,
Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought about doing a telephone directory search.
Thanks again.
John

Re: Re: Re: Crook family

Hi

I beleive there is a Crook family in Haydock, maybe worth doing a telephone directory search.

Good Luck

Town: theymuststay@hotmail.co.uk

Crook family

Thanks, I have done the phone directory, and there is a family in Haydock,as well as Edge Green Road; My Mum remembers the Crooks lived there. I haven't made any attempt to contact anyone yet, though.

Thanks,
John