Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Douglas Ward by-election

A few questions Peter,
(NB When a question is asked it is normal give an answer to the question or questions asked)

1 How many wards that CAP stand in do the Liberal Democrats? (Remember Question requires Answer).

2If there is an absence of LD when CAP stand are we to assume there is an alliance? (Remember Question requires Answer).

3 If the answer is NO then what makes you assume there was an alliance between Labour, Tory, UKIP and BNP? (Remember Question requires Answer).

4 Don't you find your comments insulting to the electors of the Douglas Ward ? (Remember Question requires Answer).

5 Why did the CAP break with convention and call for the election before the funeral? (Remember Question requires Answer).

6 When it suites you, you say this site is for matters relating to Ashton. Do you think you are the arbitrator on when? (Remember Question requires Answer).

I look forward to you reply.

Alan Edwards

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: Douglas Ward by-election

Hi Alan
In answer to your questions:

1 How many wards that CAP stand in do the Liberal Democrats? (Remember Question requires Answer).

None so far, but that could change at any time .

2If there is an absence of LD when CAP stand are we to assume there is an alliance? (Remember Question requires Answer).

No. There is no alliance but we do talk to the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties and seek to reach agreement wherever possible to avoid wasting resources and splitting the anti-Labour vote. That seems to be a sensible and so far successful strategy would'nt you agree? We would never talk to the BNP because we consider them to be racists and Nazis.

3 If the answer is NO then what makes you assume there was an alliance between Labour, Tory, UKIP and BNP? (Remember Question requires Answer).

Because we have it on very good authority that Labour Councillors were phoning round encouraging other opposition parties to stand candidates.

4 Don't you find your comments insulting to the electors of the Douglas Ward ? (Remember Question requires Answer).

What comments are you referring to?

5 Why did the CAP break with convention and call for the election before the funeral? (Remember Question requires Answer).

We did'nt. That was one of several lies put out by New labour.

6 When it suites you, you say this site is for matters relating to Ashton. Do you think you are the arbitrator on when? (Remember Question requires Answer).

I have never said that this site is for matters relating to Ashton. I think it is you that has said that. However, I find it sad that you seem incapable of generating more interest from Ashton residents. Why do you think that is?

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: Re: Re: Douglas Ward by-election

I have never said that this site is for matters relating to Ashton. I think it is you that has said that. However, I find it sad that you seem incapable of generating more interest from Ashton residents. Why do you think that is?

I'd say it might be because of your tone.

Town: andy@REMOVETHIS.yatescentral.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Douglas Ward by-election

In the wigan evening post council leader Peter Smith has called on Cllr Franzen to resign as leader of the CAP after the disastrous parliamentary and by-election showing.

Seems like a good suggestion to me!

Town: system1addict@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Douglas Ward by-election

If I'm such a disaster then why does Lord Peter Smith and his toadies want me to resign?

Is it conceivable that he has the best interests of the Community Action Party at heart?

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com