Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THIS WEBSITE

Probably got better things to do than read your rantings Peter.

Question for you. Do you sit at your computer all day watching this web site to see if there’s anyone you can have a go at?

Town: fots.tsra@blueyonder.co.uk

Why Peter Franzen thinks that the Labour Party in Ashton is stagnating is a mystery to me after last night's general election result.

I would point out for the record that members of this Branch delivered in the region of 16,000 leaflets to households in Ashton, canvassed parts of the area with Ian McCartney and helped leaflet and canvass in other wards to secure last night's stunning result.

Just because the members of the Ashton Labour party do not reply to the sniping and drivel that is posted on this website by Peter Franzen and his fellow Councillors does not mean they are stagnating. They just have better things to do.

The Labour Party in Ashton is very much alive and kicking thank you very much and will be for many years to come.

Nigel Ash

Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

Hi Nigel

Contrary to your statement "Why Peter Franzen thinks that the Labour Party in Ashton is stagnating is a mystery to me" I never even mentioned the Labour party"

What I said was "IS IT MY IMAGINATION OR IS THIS WEBSITE STAGNATING?"

Although, given the political bias of this website I can fully understand your confusion.

Best wishes

Peter

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

I think Peter Franzen has given up already with this site and joined Warrington World Wide Web with his mate Mike Hughes who lost dramatically in Warrington North last week.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/scripts/bulletin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000119

Town: settlegfs@hotmail.co.uk

This web site was put on for people who live in Ashton. Not people who live in Golborne. Clear off Franzen. Let the Golborne people have their website and put your negitive views on there. You do not come from Ashton. Keep your ideas to yourself

Town: ashtonoldmary@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

Hi Sue

Geoff Settle doesn't come from Ashton either and I don't see you telling him to clear off.

Why should the Community Action Party keep their ideas to themselves and clear off. I thought this was a country that gave us free speech and democracy (although the Labour Council in Wigan doesn't believe in free speech and democracy!!)

Don't forget Community Action Party have 6 elected Councillors in Ashton and Bryn because the people of Ashton and Bryn were fed up of Labour and they wanted democracy!!!

Town: theymuststay@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

you mean the initial comment was by an elected Councillor? Surely not.

Town: davesmith@tesco.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

Well said Dave.

Town: ashtonoldmary@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

Hi Sue

My compliments on the email address. It must have taken some thought.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS WEBSITE

I am overwhelmed by the level of interletual debate on this forum. Keep it up.

Peter Franzen - Laughing Stock

Good luck Peter your attempts will land you in the dictionary one day, and then we can hear people saying 'HAHAHAHAHA did you see that? hes and absoloute Peter Franzen!'

Your posts have been nothing short of hilarious to me and the rest of my family.

Town: moshman01@hotmail.com