Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW LABOUR COPY NAZI TACTICS

The following quote was made by — General Herman Goering, President of German Reichstag and Nazi Party, Commander of Luftwaffe during World War II, April 18, 1946. (This quote is said to have been made during the Nuremburg Trials, but in fact, while during the time of the trials, was made in private to an Allied intelligence officer, later published in the book, Nuremburg Diary.)

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
UNQUOTE

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: NEW LABOUR COPY NAZI TACTICS

Surely you are not saying what I think you are saying?

If you are, then you are surely as mad as Michael Howard. I will read your CA website, but I sure as hell will be voting labour on Thursday.

Town: andy@REMOVETHIS.yatescentral.com

Re: Re: NEW LABOUR COPY NAZI TACTICS

Andy

You have to agree the similarities are difficult to avoid and you appear to have come to the same conclusion that most reasonable people would.

As unpaletable as it may be New Labour use a pack of lies and played 'The Terror Card' to pave the way for an illegal war to plunder Iraq's oil reserves.

Town: theymuststay@hotmail.co.uk