Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Labour 'infiltrating meetings'

Peter...you really should get out more.

This is not the Cold War, and you are not subject to some leftist conspiracy.

In any case, even if it is true, I don't think that Labour would bother listening in on the CAP. So why worry? That is unless, you might have some Tory sympathies? Surely not...

(PS: I am NOT a supporter of the government or new Labour. I won't be voting for them come the election. But neither am I in favour of opportunistic NIMBY politics. So I shan't be voting CAP either!)

Re: Labour 'infiltrating meetings'

Peter

I find it rich that you are complaining about infiltration when this seems to be a CAP tactic. Don Hodkinson was a member of the Labour Party for two years when he was schooled in the workings of the Council but failed to be accepted as a candidate. He then turned ot the CAP. Is this not ifiltration?

Pat

Re: Re: Labour 'infiltrating meetings'

YOU STATE THAT WHEN DON HODGKINSON WAS A MEMBER OF THE LABOUR PARTY HE WAS "SCHOOLED IN THE WORKINGS OF THE COUNCIL"
WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATION?
I REITERATE THAT, UNLIKE NEW LABOUR, THE COMMUNITY ACTION PARTY DO NOT HAVE A COVERT POLICY OF INFILTRATING AND CONTROLLING COMMUNITY GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS.
WE ARE GENUINE COMMUNITY ACTIVISTS FIRST AND FOREMOST AND HAVE ONLY BECOME INVOLVED IN LOCAL POLITICS TO FURTHER THE BEST INTERESTS OF OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
IF YOU WOULD CARE TO EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL BE PLEASED TO SEND YOU A HARD COPY OF NEW LABOURS INFAMOUS INFILTRATION POLICY DOCUMENT.

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com

Re: Re: Re: Labour 'infiltrating meetings'

Peter,
I will substantiate the allegation. As with all prospective councillors Don Hodkinson was mentored by a sitting concillor and attended meetings to which the public are excluded and generally shown what was expected of a councillor.
Pat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Labour 'infiltrating meetings'

Hi Pat

I am pleased to read your statement "Peter,
I will substantiate the allegation."

When can we expect you to do that?

Town: peter.franzen@community-action.com