Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sir Thomas Gerrard

According to my family tradition I am a descendant of Sir Thomas Gerrard. I have been reading about the Gerards in Ashton in Makerfield and also in Adlington but I wonder whather anyone can tell me where to look for information about the Gerrard family tree ?

According to our tradition, my great grandfather , who was born as Thomas Burrows Kirk [and changed his name to Charles Thomas Burleigh to go on the stage]was at one time heir to Sir Thomas Gerrard. I have been able to discover only a little about the Kirks and Burrows and should very much like to be able to link with the Gerrards.

Any help will be gratefully received ! My e-mail address is ember@carib-link.net.

Regards,

Martin

Town: ember@carib-link.net