Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Litter

I echo your comments particularly in relation to residents getting involved. It's the only realistic way this is ever going to get resolved as council budgets will never stretch to every road in every town (though they do have a responsibility to look after certain areas) - people don't seem to understand this and stick their heads in the sand.

There does seem to be an inherent problem with a lack of pride (it's not just confined to our borough either) amongst a lot of residents. Once people start to feel strongly enough and band together then everywhere will be constantly kept clean (come and see Ashton Heath where we put this into practice - though the Heath Road end needs one or two residents to get things up to scratch there).

Re: Re: Re: Litter

Steve, this is why history is studied. To compare the outcomes of method to time. Things would be much better if more people looked at the past and improved on things to make the present, and the future better for us all. Things do seem to be going backwards. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with Horace. Was he a member of the Ashton U.D.C. perchance ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter

i work in heath rd and when i have my dinner and can of pop i screw it all up and discreetly pop it out of my van door into the gutter. well if you cant beat um join um .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter

You see - this is the attitude you get.

However, thank you to everyone who has added comments to this thread over the last day or so. It was a shock to see them all!!

Maybe the last comment is a twisted way of having a joke, but it makes my blood boil.

Sod it. If people want to live in a f@cking sh1t hole then that is fine. I have other things nearer to my heart to think about.

As long as my front is clean and tidy - fine.

I wouldnt mind, I dont even live on bloody Bolton Road!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter

Maybe the fact he's called Wally suggests it's either a wind-up or he is a wally (I can think of a much worse name for him). Fact is though that whether he's telling porkies or not, people ARE doing this and dragging the area down. These numbskulls are criminals.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter

Here Here!

It's a shame when I'm contemplating directing my in-laws through Lowton and down Golborne Road when they come from Brighton for Christmas.

We shouldn't have to be embarrassed about our town.

Johnny.