Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AIM Forum website

David.

Tell us more.

I have heard of many problems with this party (someone very close to me working for the local authority).

Johnny.

Re: Re: AIM Forum website

I have watched this gang in action since they first formed and so far haven't found one representative that I respect. Some of them have been attacking this website and myself in the press and elsewhere, presumably because the information on Ashton Community Forum doesn't accord with their view of history and I don't share their political opinions. I was a core member of the Ashton & Bryn Township Forum until recently, but have decided I have had enough of their nastiness, duplicity and power-tripping, and want nothing more to do with them.

- David -

Re: Re: Re: AIM Forum website

I am new to this site although have lived in Ashton all my life. If you have been having problems with CAP all this time why are they still dominating the site to further their 'party'? Why haven't you stopped them. I understand they have their own web site to post things on. Just wondering!

Town: ashtonoldmary@yahoo.co.uk

Re: AIM Forum website

Hi Sue -

Good question. I have allowed their ranting, abuse and mutual back-slapping on here as a) it is the best way to let people see what they are really made of; and b) as stated on the Ashton Community Forum page, the website is maintained in the same spirit of free speech which led to the formation of the Forum.

I only remove postings when they contain personal attacks or profanity, and have only rarely had occasion to do so.

- David -