Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Over 50s website

YES they can I am 73, and enjoy using the net. and only started from scratch in 2003

Town: frank.phee@virgin.net

Re: Re: Over 50s website

er no! I must admit I cannot use a PC (not too sure about a computer?) I used to travel to work and was called a commuter! is that the same thing as you mean? Anyway I have learned to write now but still can read as we never needed to do that in my youth. I was given some sound advice recently by a young lad. It proved to be 99% sound & 1% advice. But anyway I learned a lot from him. I like you Elmo as you remind me of me. Stay loose and keep out of the Bacon Slicer on Fridays as wigs dont sit on Sat's and Sundays and it could be a monday befor the goose gets loose. Some of the geezers in this forum were 66 years old befor they were 15, but dont let that bother yer as some times they give sound advice too, butcha have to read between the lines and draw yer own picture like they wuz painted by numbers. Oh I just sussed out what you mean about PC's you mean Police Constables -- silly me, it must be me age and, Ive add a senior moment, lol.

Re: Over 50s website

Now look here Elmo, we managed quite easy enough with pen and ink in my day.

Can you sit at the back of the class an flick an ink filled computer? No you cant but it was fun with elastic bands and ink soaked paper pellet.

I must say one thing, why an over fifties website, the young uns want everything, the fify year olds never experienced the war or post war rationing. Brought up with TV all there lives, it made them mard.

They were in long trousers well before our generation.
They can't remember free love in the 1960's and flower power. Then again I must have been asleep when all that was on offer.

Must close and find my zimmer the care lady should be round soon.

A young 62
Okay pieman you can give me a few years, Grandad!!

Alan

Town: Ashton