Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

What a sight on Sunday night, the rarest in Ashton for a long time. I drove through Ashton town centre on Sunday night and saw 16 yes sixteen police officers on foot in yellow vests.Can someone explane to me where these police officers go every night of the week and especially at week ends NOT ONE CAN BE FOUND i didn't go back later but what time i wonder were they there till. i bet if the bother started you wouldn't find them after the match.
Last week worried residence ajacent to St Thomas's school in Hodnet Drive phoned the police at least 10 times from various addresses to advise them a gang of around 70 youths where fighting on the school field NOT ONE POLICE OFFICER OR ONE PATROL CAR ATTENDED. I only hope that the new councilors will get Ashton a police force and some responce when we call 999 or the comunity hot line which appears to be a token service as several residence of ashton will confirm YOU GET NO RESPONCE AT ALL.
If they can do it for football they should be able to do at least half on a ordinary night.

ASHTON POLICE SPOTTER.

Re: A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

Ummm, police are all well and good when they take all the comity into consideration, I find they spend more time being called to "talk" to youths who are not causing any trouble rather then concentrating there efforts in the centre of ashton where other people are committing much more serous offences. Instead of protecting the innocent people in Ashton town centre of an evening they feel they have to respond to every house call they receive about youths just sitting on a field “ I think they are drinking alchol”…get over it.

Re: Re: A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

Spotter.

What pathetic little comments you really do make.

Have you actually spoken to the Police? (And I mean command, not the bloke driving the Transit van up your street).

Are you FULLY aware of staffing levels and the pressures placed on the average Ashton officer since restructuring some time ago?

Are you aware of precisely what area the Police of Ashton cover? It isn’t JUST Ashton - go and find out.

Do you think that the average 'Bobby' on the streets of Ashton relishes the thoughts that the vast majority of us are upset by the service they try to provide?

Do some homework. Speak to people. Come back with a civilised manner and some respectable suggestions and someone might just want to converse with you.

At the moment, you are nothing more than an overconfident little nobody with far too much to say, complete with a large chip on your shoulder.

Thank you,

John, and probably the rest of good mannered and educated Ashton people.

Re: Re: Re: A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

hahahaha
what a joker
I never get to see the police in ashton, I always run in case they get me for drug pushing.
Yours faithfully
elmo

ps, in reply to your question, "are you fully aware of the area Ashton police cover, go and find out".
What do you expect me to go down to the bacon station and start asking them questions about their job, just so I can answer some geezer on a message board.

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

'Elmo'.

You quite clearly know very little if anything at all about the Police.

May I suggest that you quit.

Bacon station? Point proven (& offences commited).

Drug pushing? - What ARE you on about you sad little man?

Re: A Rare Sight to bring tears to the eyes, Police

all thay ever do is catch drunks and speeders, thay never do anything else, a complete load of useless prats now the police and thay wonder why people have no respect for them.

Town: Ashton