Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Litter

John like you said, does that road sweeper need to be alone.. well why not pick up a brush and do some voluntary work for the council and help him sweep up.
Tell me where you live and I will supply a pair of gloves and a flat cap…
Show us how much you care about ashton.
Tony

Re: Re: Litter

Tony

Are you trying to recruit volunteers? If we see anyone with a flat cap and glove picking up litter around Ashton - that will be you then??

We already clear up the mess and litter left in front of our own home daily. I don't see why we should be clearing it up in front of yours or anyone elses. We pay enough council tax and this service should be provided to all by the council.

Ashton is an absolute disgrace for litter!!!

Disgusted

Re: Re: Re: Litter

I have been to many other places and never seen such a litter problem, why is it our town that is so bad, and why is the local council doing nothing about it.
Infact do they do anything for anyone....its about time we made a change, grab yout pitch forks and axes, i think the people of ashton should revolt.

Re: Re: Re: Litter

If you are so concerned about litter why not clean the entire town, or have you suddenly gone of the idea, no point in wining about it on this message board go and do something about it, if I felt the same way about something I would try my hardest to make a difference.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter

Tony and 'The Spotter'.

Get a grip.

As others have stated on this thread, it is the £1000 a year that I and most others spend on council tax that should be put to good use and clear up the mess.

I keep my own front tidy and take a pride in what I own. I was tempted to mention something in response to your comments about the brush - but I'm sure you’re on slightly differing wavelengths and I'm not wasting my time responding to ill thought out (if at all) and childish remarks.

It would appear that I made a blunder on even mentioning it here as a very small minority of members won’t allow a civilized forum or the prospect TOO try and do something about it - appropriately.

John.

still not improved , if anything its worse !!!!

Town: ashton

I saw two Environmental Enforcement Officers for the first time in town today walking up Gerrard Street, you just wait and see they will pick on someone that drops something out of their pocket by accident or someone that has just drops a sig stump,

Town: Ashton