Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Johnson Family

Hi

I don't know if this is a good place to start but here goes. My Grandmother Rose Hannah Johnson born 1886 to Paul and Alice (nee Finn) Johnson emmigrated to New Zealand with her sister Laura Alice in 1909. They left behind their parents and siblings (among them Robert, Paul, Sarah). Both married here in New Zealand but sadly died early. My grandfather lost touch with the family there during the war years and i would like to see if there is anyone still living in the area that might know something about the family, or in fact are part of that family. I understand that they lived somewhere called Backend Farm but know nothing about this. wonder if any reader could perhaps help.

Town: wharearoha@xtra.co.nz