Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Geneology: Sudworths, Fairhursts of Ashton (and others)

Thanks to David for puting the message board back up! Since I was mentioned by name in the welcome back message, I guess that I should take the initiative to be the first to post.

I am doing research into my family history, and would like to connect with anyone researching the same surnames over the same time periods.

My great grandmother was Elizabeth Sudworth, born Downall Green, Ashton in Makerfield, 1865. Her parents were James Sudworth (born 1833) and Ruth Fairhurst (1837). Other known ancestors from Ashton in Makerfield include William Sudworth (180, Ellen Shaw 1809, John Sudworth (before 1785) Alice Lowe (before 1785), John Lowe (184 Anne Morris (184 Martha Prescot (about 1784) John Fairhurst (1811) and Marjory Fairhurst (1795)

My great grandmother Elizabeth Sudworth married Charles Heyes (1865) in the adjacent community of Haydock, son of Thomas Heyes (b 1833, Bedford Lancs) and Esther Twist (b 1834, Haydock)

Are these names familiar to anyone?

Emile Franco

Ottawa, Canada

efranco@canada.com

Town: efranco@canada.com

Re: Geneology: Sudworths, Fairhursts of Ashton (and others)

Hi there,
Not sure if there is a connection but my next door neighbors on Morden Avenue is Ashton in the 1970's were Len and Alice Fairhurst - wonderful people in their mid 50's at the time.

Town: darren.hallsworth@lcbo.com

Re: Geneology: Sudworths, Fairhursts of Ashton (and others)

Hi I have a sudworth and a Fairhurst in my family tree
maybe there is some connection?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to David for puting the message board back up! Since I was mentioned by name in the welcome back message, I guess that I should take the initiative to be the first to post.

I am doing research into my family history, and would like to connect with anyone researching the same surnames over the same time periods.

My great grandmother was Elizabeth Sudworth, born Downall Green, Ashton in Makerfield, 1865. Her parents were James Sudworth (born 1833) and Ruth Fairhurst (1837). Other known ancestors from Ashton in Makerfield include William Sudworth (180, Ellen Shaw 1809, John Sudworth (before 1785) Alice Lowe (before 1785), John Lowe (184 Anne Morris (184 Martha Prescot (about 1784) John Fairhurst (1811) and Marjory Fairhurst (1795)

My great grandmother Elizabeth Sudworth married Charles Heyes (1865) in the adjacent community of Haydock, son of Thomas Heyes (b 1833, Bedford Lancs) and Esther Twist (b 1834, Haydock)

Are these names familiar to anyone?

Emile Franco

Ottawa, Canada

efranco@canada.com

Town: Poole Dorset

Re: Re: Geneology: Sudworths, Fairhursts of Ashton (and others)

I have just come across the family tree named Emile Franco and would like to state how interesting the tree is.A relative of ours on the Pilling side is mentioned in the tree and it was great to find such details.Robert Pilling who married Ruth Heaton had a daughter Betty who married John Fairhurst and they are related to us on my mothers side of the family.There are many many Pillings and quite a few emigrated to America we have been able to trace their whereabouts and find their trees large but enjoyable at the same time.Keep up the good work you have done on this tree as it was really good to read.
Many Thanks
Jean

Town: Standish Wigan