Return to Website

FloridaPets.net
Message Forum

Welcome to the FloridaPets.net Message Forum. Please feel free to post any news, questions, ideas or concerns RELATED TO topics dealing with PETS only. Please, NO FREE PET or PET FOR SALE ads. If you are just seeking to "get rid of" a pet, check out our listings of rescues and humane societies. Postings for LOST pets or FOUND pets are allowed. NO posts about home biz opportunities, get rich quick schemes, or other matters not relating to pets. If you'd like to post about your pet-related biz, write to us about trading links, don't post it here. Posts we consider to be breaking any of our rules as noted here will be DELETED.

FloridaPets.net
Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mexico Beach

My boyfriend and I are currently traveling through Florida with our Weimaraner puppy Gracie, as we are looking for a puppy friendly beach we have been browsing through your pet friendly vacation spots and noticed that Mexico Beach was listed as pet friendly... HOWEVER... when we stopped in there a couple days ago and were inquiring about lodging and the beaches we were told more than one time that pets were not allowed on the beach and further that doing so would carry a $100+ fine. We never actually tested the theory, so I don't know this for certain... but we just thought this imformation might be useful to other readers. Thanks.

Re: Mexico Beach

Thanks for the heads up. We'll post your comment on Panama City.

Re: Mexico Beach

Mexico Beach does not allow dogs on their beach! It may be that you saw some pet friendly rentals advertised! The next county over is Gulf County and the Cape San Blas, FL beaches are pet friendly! If you are traveling through again, check out Cape San Blas (just East of Mexico Beach!) and your dogs are allowed to enjoy the beach WITH you! Dogs are not just allowed, but they are WELCOME!

Wendy Jackson
www.TheCapeEscape.com