Return to Website

FloridaPets.net
Message Forum

Welcome to the FloridaPets.net Message Forum. Please feel free to post any news, questions, ideas or concerns RELATED TO topics dealing with PETS only. Please, NO FREE PET or PET FOR SALE ads. If you are just seeking to "get rid of" a pet, check out our listings of rescues and humane societies. Postings for LOST pets or FOUND pets are allowed. NO posts about home biz opportunities, get rich quick schemes, or other matters not relating to pets. If you'd like to post about your pet-related biz, write to us about trading links, don't post it here. Posts we consider to be breaking any of our rules as noted here will be DELETED.

FloridaPets.net
Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheyenne Animal Shelter 2 euthanize 80 dogs

I am so disturbed to find out this evening (even thought the story came out on Monday, and they didnt report that they were to start euthanizing all the dogs starting tomorrow) that the Cheyenne Animal Shelter is going to euthanize all of the 80 dogs due to an outbreak of K-9 influenza. I have done some research on the internet and spoken to my father who is a retierd Vet Tech from the Army, and it seems to me that this is the wrong way to be going about taking care of these animals. www.marvistavet.com , states that this is a curable virus with antibiotics and the clinic has only tested 5 dogs. sorry this is so messy and short but I'm asking that anyone reading this call the cheyenne animal shelter and the cheyenne city council and try to get this stopped. And by the way this is the second time in a year that this shelter had euthanized all of it's dogs, the last time was for kennel cough. I know this is short notice but I only found out tonight and they only put it in the newspaper today that they were going to kill all the dog starting tomorrow morning. Thank you for your support