netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Yamaha
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DS6

Hey, got these pics today from a netbikes member of his beautiful restored DS6, I have a ways to go yet to get my R3 this good:)

Re: DS6

Just beautiful,very nice.How long did that take? What Tyres did you use.

The DS6 took about 3 years doing a bit here and there and in between working on my other bikes. It has matching numbers although I started with 2 wrecks. All that is left over is the start of a post classic racer that should end up looking like a TD2. The tyres are Pirelli City Demons. Regards, Neil.

Hi Neil.
I've got lots of bits back from the polisher/chromer and so its time to think about tyres,what can you tell me about the pirelli's.? I had thought I would try an Avon Speedmaster on the front and a GP on the back (As It was back in the day).However I know there have been quantom leaps in compounds and design since.When the bike is finished I want to ride it.
Any chance you can post more photos of the DS6.
cheers Chris

Hi Chris, I run either Bridgestone or Dunlops on my larger road bikes (GSXR & ST3) and mostly Avons on my historic racers (Velo's & BSA) but for these small bikes the Pirelli's are good reasonably priced all rounders. My brother and mate have the same on their 250's (T10 & T250)and they would agree. When I figure out how to attached more photos I will.
Regards, Neil.