netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Yamaha
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
r3

Hi Chris.
Have posted a request for anyone knowing where I could find knee pads on "vintage vinyard" will let you know.I have a spare tank for the R3 and am going to paint it black - with chrome side panels ,I once saw a YR2c for sale on american e-bay like that and it looked brilliant!
I'm on the nothern beaches in Sydney (02 99383584)The only bike I've got with (club) rego is a 70 Triumph TR6C which is in Canberra with my brother but ? maybe in the future I might have something to ride'like the picture in your yamaha section of picture gallery second row down just right of centre.
I'm not great with computers so am usually shy to respond to websites.But I really love R3's they are part of my history.
Cheers Chris

Re: r3

Saw your message on R3s. They are part of my history too. I've owned one since 1973. I'm now trying to decide if I should restore it or leave it with it's "history" and all the dings and marks I've put on it.

Ian Reeve
Saw your message on R3s. They are part of my history too. I've owned one since 1973. I'm now trying to decide if I should restore it or leave it with it's "history" and all the dings and marks I've put on it.

Well I guess it depends if you want a hobby for a while :), just ride it till you have to pull it down I say. Chris

Hi mate,

Currently restoring my R3, stumbled upon your rebuild after a few google searches. Very nice.

I'm stumped with the clutch assembly, more specifically, the order that the thrust bearing and plates go in.

Did you have a diagram you referred when rebuilding it? Could you link me / email it through?

Much appreciated.