netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Yamaha
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yamaha AG bikes

Hi folks..is there anyone out there that restores Yamaha AG bikes or am I the only one!!Though my main interest is restoring the Matchless types I am also trying to get together a collection of all the AG models from the early seventies to the late eighties (a forgotten section of our rural heritage ), I have four fully restored and another nine in the production line..have heaps of parts for most of the models that I can trade for other parts,sell,buy or whatever..would like to hear from any of you blokes with the same interests..once I finish with the Yammys I will start on Suzuki and Kawasaki AGs..stay safe..Dave Milligan.

Re: Yamaha AG bikes

Hi Dave and i am not stirring you up , I have seen AG bikes down at the local tips here (4 here in the district) , saw one just last week , a 350 i think , still had the engine in it and compression! still there , GreenMount tip , steel scrap gets removed every 2 months or so by the dealers or when the pile gets to high.

Hi Dave,

I will be selling off my Kawasaki KV100 collection soon so if you like come over to the yard and make an offer. What have you thought of our developments with the CCJMC ?

Phil Watkins

Hi Phil..great to hear from you..have joined and read everything that pops up..great site mate..regards the KVs..can,t do anything about them at present as I am in the process of moving up to Mallacoota..have moved 10 ags up so far and still have to move 1 Suzi PE175,another 6 ags and the two Matchies also building a hothouse up there for Julie ( got to keep in her good books )!! and then have to move about 700 pot plants of various sizes,working like a one armed paper hanger with an itchy bum!!..stay safe regards Dave Milligan.

Hi hoonz..thanks mate I love hearing stories like that !!..as I said to Phil, I,m tied up at present moving house and bikes up to Mallacoota which also has a tip and I,ve found so far 1x Honda 900 Boulder complete..! Suzuki 650 Tempter complete but headlight missing..1 x Honda TL125 Trials bike now restored..1 x Honda 400cc single 4 valve motor in top nick and 1 x Suzuki 82 PE175Z that is almost restored plus heaps of other parts..anyway if you come across any ags at all grab them and give me a call 97336211 can fix you up with a fee or..If you are a fisherman, our house at Mallacoota is big and has a self contained unit downstairs maybe we could work something out along those lines !!kind regards Dave Milligan.

No go Dave , i only got the bike so transporting the wrecks is out but when i see another i'll be thinking 'dave might've liked that'
as that is what i thought 'me would like that' when i saw the XJ :-)