Return to Website

MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TGATOOL2 Installation

Can someone tell me how to install TGATOOL2 so I can use it with MSTS *.ace files? I have installed DLLs using mwgfxdll.exe and am using tgatl2.exe from the MWGraphics site. I am running WindowsXP Pro ver. 2002 with SP3. My computer is a Dell Vostro 1700 with an IntelCore2DUO CPU T7250 @ 2.00 Ghz and 2.0 GB Ram.

I get to the extract/install stage with the penguin graphic. At that point the program indicates "not responding" in task manager.

Thanks in advance to anyone trying to help. Feel free to respond via email if you wish.

Re: TGATOOL2 Installation

If it has got as far as the Install screen (penguin with browse and install buttons showing) then it wouldn`t seem to be a corrupt download. Still worth downloading again just to be sure

The download is basically a self-extracting zip so if you have winzip, winrar, 7zip or similar you should be able to open it as a zip and extract the files manually. The only one you need is TgaTool2.exe

Martin;
First, thanks for your swift reply.
Now Aceit and tgatool2c are installed. I can open an ace file and send it to my editor (Paintshop Pro 7). After saving my changed file, when I go to tgatool to reload data, the screen is blank (white with header) and tgatool is "program not responding". Can you help?
Thanks again, Lloyd

In default mode Tgastool suspends itself until the spawned program is closed and then it automatically reloads the data and activates again. This is to automate as much as possible the editing process but it does mean you have to close the paint program once you have finished editing

I you want to keep your paint program open then tick the "use old send to editor" in the prefs menu. This will switch it to the old way where Tgatool stays active and you have to manually tell it to reload the data